Happy weekend, dear gal! I hope you’ve had a good week and that you have at least one fun thing planned for the weekend. I’m going kayaking with some other ladies today, so that should be an adventure. We have a beautiful day for it; it’s supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of just 75 degrees. But of course, I know to wear sun screen and be prepared for anything. Fortunately, you can do a little shopping, come rain or come shine. Let’s talk shopping!
Each weekend I share a shopping headquarters post, but don’t forget to check out all the fashion posts I’ve shared earlier this week if you haven’t been here in a while. You can find all of the most recent posts here. And you’ll find my latest YouTube videos here.
Today I’ll be sharing…
- What Dressed for My Day readers are buying this week– top selling items at my blog
- Noteworthy Sales – all the sales worth checking out, plus I may include my top picks from any given sale occasionally
- What’s in My Cart – items I’ve purchased this week (keep in mind I don’t keep everything I order!)
This post contains affiliate links. If you shop through them, I potentially earn a commission from any purchases, but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping through my links and supporting my work.
What DFMD readers are buying this week
These are the items my readers having been clicking through and then making purchases according to my analytics. While I have no way of knowing if these are actually the specific items you’re purchasing, these are at least the items you’re clicking through. Make sense?
#1 Top Seller – Cotton V-Neck Striped Sweater & #2 Top Seller – Relaxed Chino Shorts
You gals must be as hungry for some pretty colors in your wardrobe as I am. I love this slightly over-sized lightweight cotton sweater. I have a small, but if you prefer a roomier fit, stick with your normal size.
Sale Note: This weekend Talbots wraps up their Friends & Family event, which includes this pretty sweater and so many of my other Top Sellers. You’ll get 3 items for 50% off, 2 items for 40% off and 1 for 30% off.
The #2 best seller is the relaxed chino shorts shown above. I’m wearing them in bright papaya orange, but they’re available in six other shades as well. These relaxed chino shorts run true to size and they feature a 7″ inseam.
#3 Top Seller – Relaxed Restyled Zipper Pocket Capris
Dressed for My Day readers continue to buy the Relaxed Restyled Zipper Pocket Capris each week. And indeed, these athleisure style pants are a great alternative for shorts throughout the summer. They’re available in black and navy and in petite, misses and women sizes. Plus, right now you can buy one and get one free.
Top Seller #4 – Spring Scooter Tee
It’s the simple things in life that make us the happiest, right? I think that’s why so many readers like this simple little Spring Scooter Tee, also from Christopher and Banks. It runs true to size. And you can see more about how I styled it in this post.
Top Seller #5 – SUPIMA Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt
I have no way of knowing if you gals are buying the white, grey or white SUPIMA Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt, but it really doesn’t matter. All three are great tees, and yes, I own them all and wear them on constant repeat. This tee runs true to size and has the smoothest hand of t-shirts I’ve tried. It’s my hands-down-favorite!
This SUPIMA Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt has been restocked recently, but sizes are going fast again. Right now it’s just $19.
Top Seller #6 – Gia Rattan Buckle Sandals in Metallic Gold
I’m so pleased that some of you are buying these Gia Rattan Buckle Sandals in Metallic Gold because I wish so badly that I could, too. Ha! I have these same sandals from a few years back, and they’re still in great condition. So I really can’t justify the purchase. But that rattan buckle! So darling.
Also, you may be interested in my recent post, Why You Need Pretty Metallic Sandals for Summer. You’ll find lots of style inspiration there for styling these or other metallic sandals. Plus you’ll find links to other options.
Top Seller #7 – CeCe Braided Metallic Flip Flops
Well, speaking of more options! The CeCe Braided Metallic Flip Flops are the next top seller here at Dressed for My Day this week. Once again, I don’t have this year’s model of these Talbots favorites, but I still have mine from a few seasons back and wear them frequently.
Top Seller #8 – Flower Embroidered Gauze Top & Top Seller #9 – Fruit & Flowers Perfect Crop Pants
I love the white on white embroidery. But I also stopped into Talbots this past week and purchased it in the white embroidery on navy. Oh yes, I did! And if I thought I looked at all pretty in yellow, I’d definitely grab that one. This shirt is lightweight and oh so breezy.
Be sure to check out my post How to Style Floral Pants…so you look chic, not childish for all the style tips. Yes, you absolutely can wear these and other floral pants when you’re 50+!
Top Seller #10 – One Day: The Extraordinary Story of an Ordinary 24 Hours in America
Okay. This one was a total surprise to me. What??? I didn’t even share this book here on the website, I don’t think. I just mentioned it in my Subscriber email one day. And wow! You gals bought it up!
I mentioned in my email that I had recently been invited to join a book club, and One Day is the book we’ll be discussing next week. I’m listening to it on an audio book, but it’s also available in hardcover, paperback and Kindle.
One Day is very well written and has kept me riveted. I get home from listening to it on my walks and can’t stop listening long enough to go take a shower! Ha. It’s simply the stories (and back stories) of real life events that happened on an ordinary day in America. Some of them are sobering while others are sweet. Some make you shake your head with dismay and others cause you to chuckle out loud. Do you know what you were doing on December 28, 1986? Yep. That’s the One Day.
By the way, I’m planning a Summer Reading List post for this next week. One Day will definitely be on it, but I have others to recommend, too. So stay tuned!
Well, there ya go! Those are the top sellers this week here at Dressed for My Day!
Face masks are available pretty much everywhere now. But I thought I’d provide a shopping widget with some selections just in case you haven’t gotten yours yet. I figure even though we may not wear them as much eventually, we’ll probably want to keep them on hand for future use. So I think it’s a good idea to have several handy. Plus, some of these are suitable for your husband, too.
Noteworthy Sales this Weekend
- You’ll find Amazon’s Deals of the Day here.
- Ann Taylor is having a More is More Sale. You’ll get 50% off your purchase + an extra 20% off 3+ items. Use code MOREISMORE.
- At Loft you’ll get 70% OFF all sale styles with code YESSS. And you’ll get 40% off full-price styles.
- Talbots is giving you 50% off 3 or more items, 40% off two items or 30% off one. The discount is even applied to their Miraclesuit and Cabana Life swimwear.
- At Chico’s you’ll get 40% off your purchase with code 29238.
- Soma is giving you an extra 25% off bras (already marked down), 5 for $25 panties, $19.99 sleepwear and $19.99 apparel.
- J.Jill’s new collection is in. Save 40% off their Wearever collection (travel), 30% off full-price styles and an extra 40% off Sale styles with code SUN. Check out this Linen A-Line Shirt Dress in royal blue. Swoon!
- Nordstrom has some great deals in their sales listing. More importantly, they’re awarding bonus points, but only through Sunday. Nordy club members are getting 5 points per dollar spent, while cardholders are getting 10 points per dollar. It’s a great time to earn Nordy Notes to use in the upcoming Anniversary Sale.
- GAP is offering UP TO 60% off everything. You’ll get 50% off tees, dresses and more.
- At Banana Republic you’ll get 50% off everything PLUS an extra 10% off, no code needed.
- Athleta has some great finds in their sale section.
- At Vera Bradley, get 25% off all beach products (beach towels, totes, and so much more) PLUS flip flops are buy one pair/get one pair free. I recently purchased a few face masks from Vera Bradley. They’re darling…for masks! Oh, and Vera Bradley products make graduation gifts for girls.
What’s in my cart?
Here’s what I’ve recently ordered or purchased. Remember, I don’t keep everything I’ve ordered, so it may seem like a lot. Plus, I’m always checking out new products for you gals! I’m simply putting my selections in a shopping widget for convenience.
Did you catch this week’s video?
Blessed for My Day
Do you want to know God better? Do you desire to feel closer to Him, to grow in your understanding of His wisdom, His ways and His work? Then simply ask Him. I’ve discovered that God desires to be known by us. He willingly shares His story with us. We simply need to approach His Word daily, consistently reading it and allowing it to “read” us. And we need to ask God to reveal Himself to us through prayer.
But God also wants us to feel known by Him. I’ve heard it said that we all desire to be known by another. We also all desire to be loved by another. But to be both fully known and fully loved is almost beyond our comprehension. Indeed, God fully knows you and yet He fully loves you. As we sit into that knowledge it stirs within us a deeper desire to know this God who so deeply knows and loves us.
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. ~ Psalm 19:1-2