Welcome to Dressed for My Day! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite Christmas gift guides. Hmm. Do I say that about every gift guide? I think I do. Oh well! Here’s the thing. I try to create gift guides here that particularly meet the needs of women like you and me who are in our 50s and above. I love my Christmas Gift Guide for Young Women and my Christmas Gift Guide for Young Men because so many of us are shopping for young adults. And I love this Christmas Gift Guide for Senior Adults because many of us are shopping for older parents, aunts and uncles.
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links I potentially earn a commission on your purchases, but at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting my work here by shopping my links.
Now before we start reviewing my gift suggestions for senior adults, let me offer a couple of disclaimers. First of all, I recognize that many of my readers are, in fact, senior adults. Shoot! I guess I am, too. But this list is really intended for the most senior of seniors. Also, while I have already come out with a Gift Guide for Your Main Man that is geared to men in their 50s and up and I will yet introduce a Gift Guide for Her…and You! that will feature gifts for women in their 50s and up, this gift guide is a little more specified than that.
Many, but not all, of the gifts in this particular gift guide are even carefully selected for older adults who are living in assisted care situations. So these are mostly rather genteel gifts. They’re selected for the senior who has (or has had) everything, wants nothing but certainly deserves a kind gesture or thoughtful remembrance at this time of year. Does that make sense? So yes, you absolutely may find something in my list that you’d want for yourself or your spouse. Nothing wrong with that! But I really created this list to help us shop for those seniors living in confined quarters with, perhaps, limited mobility and lifestyles.
Gifts for the Senior Adult
- Relish Classic Vehicles Aquapaint Water Painting Pack – This cool water painting pack is created by a company that specializes in arts and crafts projects for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. You actually just use water to paint over the cards, revealing the artwork. You can visit the Relish Store at Amazon HERE to see the full selection of their arts and crafts and games for these seniors. I think this is so cool.
- All Occasion Cards Assortment Box – Whether your beloved senior adult lives in an assisted living home or independently, they might appreciate the handiness of these 100 assorted greeting cards. I know my own mom is so good about sending birthday, get well and thinking of you cards to her friends and family members.
- Waterproof Wheelchair Accessory Bag – This handy bag comes in multiple color choices. Your loved one can keep their water bottle, eye glasses, phone, book and more right at their side with this waterproof bag.
- Soft Cable Knit Scarf – This 57% Cotton, 28% Acrylic and 15% Polyester scarf will be the perfect addition to your senior’s outerwear or keep her warm inside, too. It’s available in all her favorite colors. And you can even get coordinating gloves and hat.
- Birds in an Orchard 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle – I’ve already purchased this beautiful bird puzzle for me and James and my parents to do when they’re here visiting in December. I love doing a puzzle during the holidays! And my dad especially seems to enjoy them, too.
- Mellani Sheet Set – These are the sheets we have on our bed and in our guest room. They are the softest and most durable I’ve found at this sweet price. We all need sheets, right?
- 100 Piece Farm Life Dementia Jigsaw Puzzle – If your special senior adult has dementia or Alzheimer’s, they may enjoy this 100 Piece Farm Life jigsaw puzzle. The creators of this puzzle remind us that the vibrant colors, the reminiscent scenes and the enjoyment of working a puzzle with family members can be soothing and encouraging to people in the earliest stages of Alzheimer’s.
- Ruby Suede Slippers – I know my feet sure have gotten colder as I’ve gotten older! And who doesn’t love a pair of beautiful, soft slippers? These slippers comes in several nice colors and feature a flexible nonskid synthetic outsole and a memory foam footbed. If she’s got really cold feet you might want to include a pair of these cute socks.
- Universal Cell Phone Lanyard – Hmm. I think I know someone who needs this! We all have trouble keeping up with our cell phones, don’t we? And these days when many of us no longer have a land line, having immediate access to our cell phones could be a matter of life and death. This hand dandy phone lanyard comes in several different colors.
- The Original Toilet Night Light – Trying to find where to go in the middle of the night is no laughing matter! But we all gotta go! ToiLight is a cool LED motion activated night light which activates automatically when you approach the toilet bowl, illuminating it in a pleasant way. So you don’t see the light shining from the bathroom all night as you try to sleep, but just as you approach. It fits any bowl and is easy to install.
- Reclaimed Wood Succulent Centerpiece – Instead of sending flowers, send a beautiful grouping of succulents that can continue to provide joy and life with minimal care. They have various sizes to choose from.
- American Gardens Forever Stamps – If your senior enjoys sending cards or letters, she’ll love the practicality of some beautiful Forever stamps. Ooh, and these would make a great accompaniment to #2 above.
- Men’s Mountain Classic Fleece Vest – As we get older we also sometimes get colder. Ha! You can warm your senior man up in style with this fleece vest from L.L. Bean. It is available in several nice colors and it’s machine washable. It’s also great for layering over and under other clothing.
- Stoneware Mug from Le Creuset – Speaking of staying warm, this generous sized stoneware mug will keep your senior’s hot beverage warm and toasty. Choose from five beautiful colors.
- Roll Up Puzzle Mat – I know someone who needs this, too! Spread and flatten the mat when you want to start your puzzle game. If you want to save your unfinished game, just place the inflated tube at either end of the mat and carefully roll up the mat by applying even pressure. Do not forget to tighten both ends with the elastic bands for further stabilization. A drawstring storage bag is enclosed to store your rolled-up puzzle mat. How cool is that?
- Jumbo Folding Shopping Cart with Spinner Wheels – This collapsible shopping cart is great for anyone really. Use it when you venture down the street for a quick visit to the produce stand, at your favorite flee market or when you’re bringing groceries in from outside.
Shop All Gifts Here:
Be sure to check out all my Christmas Gift Guides HERE or through the top menu above.
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer.
For my Christmas gift guides I’m going to include a Blessed for My Day, but I’m going to try something a little different. I’ll just be providing a few beautiful “Christmas verses” for you to meditate on. Enjoy!
67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying:
68 “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel,
For He has visited us and accomplished redemption for His people,
69 And has raised up a horn of salvation for us
In the house of His servant David—
70 Just as He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient times—
71 Salvation from our enemies,
And from the hand of all who hate us;
72 To show mercy to our fathers,
And to remember His holy covenant,
73 The oath which He swore to our father Abraham,
74 To grant us that we, being rescued from the hand of our enemies,
Would serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.
76 And you, child, also will be called the prophet of the Most High;
For you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways;
77 To give His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins,
78 Because of the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Sunrise from on high will visit us,
79 To shine on those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death,
To guide our feet into the way of peace.”
80 Now the child grew and was becoming strong in spirit, and he lived in the deserts until the day of his public appearance to Israel. ~ Luke 1:67-80