Are you shopping for a gift for a young woman this Christmas? I have a daughter and a daughter-in-law in their 20s, and I’m looking for something special for each of them. I want to purchase gifts they love and will actually use. So I allowed my daughter Abigail to curate my 2021 Christmas Gift Guide for Young Women. Maybe you’ll like some of her selections, too.
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links I potentially earn a commission on your purchases, but at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting my work here by shopping my links.
After I put today’s graphic together I was talking with Abigail and she gave me the rundown on why she chose the gifts she did. So I’ll share a few insights from her as we run through them. I really love the list she’s put together. Most of these are perfect for teenagers, college students, young single women and younger married ladies. And she’s selected gifts in a full range of prices. Let’s go!
- Oblong pavé hoop earrings // According to Abigail these smaller huggy style earrings are really trending among young women. Remember, she worked at Madewell until just a few months ago. And she says they sold a lot of these styles of earrings to younger women. These earrings would make a great stocking stuffer or a nice gift for your son’s girlfriend.
- 100% Recycled Polyester Puffer Tote Bag // Abigail also included this trending puffer tote because they sold a lot of them at Madewell. Remember, young adults tend to be very environmentally conscientious. So your young woman may really appreciate both the aesthetic and the waste-not-want-not thinking behind this gift.
- Faux Shearling Slippers // Abby loves her slippers. As does her mama! I guess since we both work from home we wear them more frequently. But the truth is many young women work from home these days. So when you buy your young WFH woman a pair of these Faux Shearling Slippers you’re really investing in her workwear. Ha! Plus, these are just amazing and available in several nice neutrals.
- Tula Rose & Glow Brightening Eye Balm // For the woman whose eyes are weary from all that screen time (or running after toddlers!), this Brightening Eye Balm will be a delightful product she might not would buy herself. But she’ll love you for it!
- Carlie Three-Hand Stainless Steel Watch // Available in silver or rose-gold, this Fossil Stainless Steel Watch is one of Abby’s favorites. If you’re buying for a nurse or teacher or someone else who needs a second hand, this Stainless Steel Watch is a smart choice.
- Logan RFID Zip Clutch Wallet // Abigail has been a fan of Fossil watches and bags for years. And she especially loves their wallets. This RFID Zip Clutch Wallet is big enough to hold money, cards and cash for the busy young woman who just wants to grab it and go. But it also fits nicely into a backpack, diaper bag or purse. There are several great colors to choose from.
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne // This Jo Malone London fragrance is AMAZING. Abby and I tested probably a dozen of these Jo Malone fragrances when she was here a while back and we loved them all. The really cool thing about the Jo Malone fragrances is you can layer them. And that’s something young women are really into evidently. Also these fragrances are gender neutral. No that isn’t a nod to the gender neutral movement; it’s just a really cool feature of these earthy, natural smelling fragrances. Some are more masculine and some are more feminine, but many can be worn or layered by both men and women. Abigail took home a sample of the Wood Sage & Sea Salt and wore it some. Her boyfriend really liked it on her and she’s asking for some for Christmas.
- Face Halo Re-useable Makeup Removers // Here’s another one of those eco-friendly gifts your young adult will appreciate. These substitute in for cotton pads. So your daughter or daughter-in-law can use them to remove makeup with just water then toss it in the wash. Cool stocking stuffer or small gift.
- Coach Willow Bucket Bag // I bought this Bucket Bag for Abigail for her birthday in September and she’s been loving it. I think Abby mainly reserves it for dates and church and weekly work meetings. But she loves the supple leather, the size and the trending silhouette of the bag. It’s a nice investment gift for a special young woman in your life.
- Rothy’s The Chelsea // Abigail invested in these Rothy’s Wildcat Chelsea sneakers when she was still working at Madewell and on her feet all day. She says she got compliments on them several times a day every time she wore them. Plus, they were comfortable enough to wear working retail! I know my daughter-in-law loves her more traditional Rothy’s, too. You could absolutely get yourself a pair, too, but these are very “in” among the younger set.
- Gorjana Venice Layering Set // Abigail’s jewelry brand of choice is Gorjana. Indeed, their jewelry does have a very modern, minimalist and fun vibe. And young women love to layer their jewelry artfully. You can set her up for expert layering with this Venice Layering Set. Simple, pared back and youthful.
- Rifle Paper Company Clear Marguerite iPhone Case // Abby loves anything Rifle Paper Company. But I know she enjoys using her iPhone case. I’m not sure she has this exact one, but I think it’s really fun. You’ll find other iPhone and Samsung cases here (be sure to know exactly which model phone your young woman has). And Rifle Paper has lots of other great gifts in their signature prints. Young women love these!
- Hotel Lobby Signature Candle // The only problem with this gift is that if you buy one and take a whiff, you’re going to want to keep it for yourself. Ha! So you might better get her one and you one. This particular “elegant fragrance” is meant to transport you to a five-star resort without leaving home.
- 3-Layer Jewelry Box with Glass Lid // Again, Abby says she has this particular 3-Layer Jewelry Box and absolutely loves it. She says it’s just the right size and she likes being able to see her top layer of earrings and rings through the glass lid. It comes in several other colors, too.
- Kinetic Waist Bag // Abigail purchased a similar Kinetic Waist Bag from Athleta last year when she was preparing for a trip to the Holy Land. Unfortunately, after having the trip cancelled multiple times, she’s had to pull out altogether. But Abby tells me she uses the bag frequently as it is. It’s perfect for a quick dash into the grocery store after a run on her favorite trail. And it will come in handy for travel again one of these days.
- Sophie Faux Fur Throw Blanket // Now here’s something Abby doesn’t have herself, but she says these particular Faux Fur Throw Blankets from Anthropologie are the rage of all her friends. And who doesn’t like a soft cozy blanket to call their own?
Shop the Gift Guide
You can shop for the items in this gift guide in the text above, through the captions under the graphic and through the shopping widget below.
Remember ladies, we’ve all experienced some frustrations with shipping delays in the past year or so. And retailers are already acknowledging that it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better. That’s just the lay of the land. And that’s why they’re also encouraging us to shop early. I’ll continue to have my Gift Guides up through the holidays. You’ll always find them in the top menu of this website under Holiday Gift Guides.
So far I have gift guides for:
You can also shop additional Holiday Gift Guides at my LTK Shop. I have gift guides there that will never show up here!
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer.
Blessed for My Day
For my Christmas gift guides I’m going to include a Blessed for My Day, but I’m going to try something a little different. I’ll just be providing a few beautiful “Christmas verses” for you to meditate on. Enjoy!
And Mary said: “My soul exalts the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He has had regard for the humble state of His bond-servant;
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed.
For the Mighty One has done great things for me;
And holy is His name.
And His mercy is to generation after generation
Toward those who fear Him.
He has done mighty deeds with His arm;
He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their hearts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones,
And has exalted those who were humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
And sent the rich away empty-handed.
He has given help to His servant Israel,
In remembrance of His mercy,
Just as He spoke to our fathers,
To Abraham and his descendants forever.”
Mary stayed with her about three months, and then returned to her home.