Happy Mother’s Day weekend! Be sure to check out my inner beauty post for a blessing for mothers…that I wrote just for you! And now let’s get on with the weekend’s shopping scoop. I’ve got great sales for you to check out, but first let’s see what’s trending at Dressed for My Day this week.
In my Saturday morning Weekend Shopping Headquarters posts I share…
- What Dressed for My Day readers are buying this week – top selling items at my blog
- Noteworthy Sales – all the sales worth checking out, plus I may include my top picks from any given sale occasionally
- What’s in My Cart – items I’ve purchased this week (keep in mind I don’t keep everything I order!)
- What’s on Sale – I may alert you to items I’ve shown here at Dressed for My Day that are now discounted
What Dressed for My Day readers are buying this week
These are the items my readers having been clicking through and then making purchases according to my analytics. While I have no way of knowing if these are actually the specific items you’re purchasing, these are at least the items you’re clicking through. Make sense?
Evidently a good number of you decided to try out the marled jersey knit jumpsuit or romper that I shared in Monday’s post, Two Ways to Wear a Black Jumpsuit. That black jumpsuit also comes in blue, which I have also. The black one I showed in the post was a medium, but I ordered the small blue and like that size for me much better.
I couldn’t figure out why in the world so many readers had bought the next item since I haven’t shown them on the blog in a while. But now I know. My favorite black pants, the Nic+Zoe Wonderstretch Straight Leg Pants are marked down 40% off, but I bet that won’t last past the weekend. They’re also fully stocked in sizes. I wear my usual size 8, but it is a slim fit, so you might want to size up if you prefer a roomier fit.
If you’ve been eyeing these pants for a while, grab them. I’ve never seen them marked down this much before.
Likewise my favorite black blazer is marked down 50% off. It’s also available in pink. I recently purchased the navy blazer myself, and you’ll be seeing it here next week. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a classic black blazer you can wear year round, you might want to check out the 1901 Stretch Cotton Twill Blazer (black or pink).
This 1901 Palm Trees Ocean Breeze Graphic Tee is trending on Dressed for My Day this week. Last I checked, however, it was only available in a size x-small. I have a medium and it’s a close fit. They have a few other cute graphic tees that should pop up on this page if that one is sold out.
You gals aren’t the only ones who bought the 1901 One-Button Linen Blend Blazer. I bought one, too! I love it. When it arrives, it is indeed a wrinkly mess. Ha! But don’t be dissuaded. I steamed all the wrinkles out of mine just fine. In full disclosure, I may not keep it, but only because I already have two linen blazers. But I will style it for the blog. I bought the 8, and it fits well. But if you are larger in the chest you might want to size up. Also the sleeves are long, so you’ll probably need to turn them up or have them altered at Nordstrom.
I styled these Relaxed Restyled Zipper Pockets Capris a couple of weeks ago in this post, Elevated Athleisure Style for Spring. I know many of my readers do like Christopher & Banks clothing, and these are truly nice athleisure pants. I have mine in a size small.
I’m a little surprised that The Cotton Short-Sleeve Popover Shirt from Everlane is still trending on the website, only because the sizes are so picked over. But it is still available in the very largest and smallest sizes. And I will continue to say that The Cotton Short-Sleeve Popover Shirt is the best made cotton shirt I own (out of about five!).
White the white shirt is marked down 30%, the blue popover is available in a few additional sizes and just as well made and smart.
#8 – Denim Skirt
Evidently a number of you also purchased the Denim Skirt I shared in Wednesday post and YouTube video. I think you’ll love this classic cut Denim Skirt. I have mine in a size 6, by the way. That’s the size I wear in some Talbots jeans, too, so size accordingly.
I guess since we’re all staying home most of the time, it’s not surprise that the Soma Wireless Bralette continues to trend with Dressed for My Day readers. I’m wearing one of mine right now! I absolutely love these bras. I’ll tell you up front, it’s a little hard to get on at times. I had to ask my husband to help me the other day. Ha! But once it’s on, it feels like a dream! And I don’t have a hard time getting it off at all.
#10 – Modern Ankle Jeans
And finally I guess a few more of you are getting on board with the straight leg ankle jeans because the Modern Ankle Jeans are the number ten best seller of the week. The link that’s trending is the dark wash, which I’ve shown below, but you might want to check out the lighter wash selection, too.
Noteworthy Sales this Weekend
- Michael Kors is knocking 25% off everything for Mother’s Day.
- At Kendra Scott you’ll get 20% off select styles through Sunday.
- Vera Bradley is giving you 30% off crossbody, satchel and tote styles – plus leather – through Sunday. Plus get a free scarf with purchase of $100.
- You’ll find Amazon’s Deals of the Day here.
- Ann Taylor is offering 70% off one item + 50% off almost everything else with code FORMOM.
- At Loft you’ll get 60% off 4 full price items, 50% off 3 full price items or 40% off all full price items with code MORE.
- Talbots is giving you 50% off the entire site.
- At Chico’s they’re giving you 50% off full price dresses and Travelers collections with code 71817. Also get 25% off your purchase with code 25869.
- Soma has selected items for you to get up to 50% off.
- J.Jill is giving you 40% off with code MAY40.
- Nordstrom has knocked up to 50% off SOME big brands.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything with code GAPFRIEND + 20% off with code ALLYOU.
- At Banana Republic you’ll get up to 60% off everything.
- This weekend at Old Navy you’ll find everything is on sale, plus get an extra 10% off everything.
- If you shop Kohl’s this weekend save $10 with code MOMSDAY10.
- JCPenney is having a women’s sandals FLASH SALE + get an extra 40% off with code SHOEPERK.
- Bloomingdale’s is letting you take 25% off items labeled respectively + Loyalists get a $25 reward card for everything $100 spent on select items.
- At Belk you’ll find lots of great deals, including an extra 65% off regular & sale Belk exclusive brands or an extra 25% off designer and national brands.
- At Christopher & Banks you’ll get 40% off new arrivals.
What’s in my cart?
Here’s what I’ve recently ordered. Remember, I don’t keep everything I’ve ordered, so it may seem like a lot. Plus, I’m always checking out new products for you gals! I’m simply putting my selections in a shopping widget for convenience.
Special FASTer Way to Fat Loss offer for TEACHERS
Attention all teachers!!! I’ve got a great offer just for you. If you’re feeling like you’ve caught the COVID-10 (that’s what I’m calling the 10 pounds we’re all gaining from staying home and eating comfort food) or you just need to move a little more, gain some strength or do something special for yourself, consider joining the FASTer Way to Fat Loss for a special round just for teachers. It begins this Monday, May 11, and they’re knocking 25% off the price as a Teacher Appreciation gift. Yay!
I absolutely love the lifestyle skills I’ve picked up from this program and I’ve been hitting it hard again this past week. So you can do the program along with me and I’ll be glad to answer any questions or provide tips if needed. But you’ll also have a support group, a physical trainer, a nutritionist and more to get you up to speed.
The FWTFL resources are amazing. I love the app. It’s full of at home or gym workouts, including kick boxing (I did one this week), strength training, HIIT cardio workouts, barre workouts (I did my first this week and loved it), yoga stretches and even cycling HIIT workouts. Plus you get meal plans, menus, recipes, access to all the experts and more.
Be sure to use this particular link in order to access the Teachers Only program which begins Monday. Yes, this is an affiliate link and I do earn a commission from your registration. Thanks so much for shopping through all my affiliate links and supporting my work.
Okay, that’s it for today’s shopping headquarters. Thanks so much for stopping in! Have a great weekend.
Don’t Miss a Thing:
I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my email list so that you’ll receive notifications about future posts. You can either receive a daily email or a weekly one…that’s up to you! But when you subscribe you’ll also be registered for the chance to win the $50 gift card to a favorite retailer that I give one lucky subscriber each month. You can learn more and join the Dressed for My Day community here.
Blessed for My Day
Are you content? It’s not easy being content in a world that is constantly telling you that you need just one more thing to be happier. I certainly don’t want this blog to contribute to feelings of discontent for you.
But we can learn to be content even when all the messages tell us to be otherwise. And it is indeed something we must learn. Being content doesn’t start with denial. It begins with gratitude to the God who provides for all of our needs. This weekend let’s practice gratitude when we are tempted to feel discontented.
I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. ~ Philippians 4:11b-12