Hi friends! After the fashion overload I experienced this weekend shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I’m relieved to share with you what I’m watching on Amazon Prime Day…which is going on now. I do have a few fashion related items on my list of suggestions, but mostly I’m sharing stuff that my husband is probably more interested in than I am. Ha!
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest global shopping event held exclusively for Amazon Prime members. It’s actually two days, stretching through July 16th. During this two day sale, Amazon Prime members can shop hundreds of thousands of deals sitewide, with new deals starting as often as every five minutes.
Not an Amazon Prime member? Here’s how it works. Besides affording you free, fast shipping on many Amazon buys, Prime membership also opens up additional benefits. If you’re interested, I’ll just let you read about those here. But you might be interested to know that family members can share a Prime membership, which is what we do in the Harms family.
I can’t possibly tell you everything that’s going to be on sale during this 48-hour shopping extravaganza because they open new sales frequently throughout. So today I’m just sharing some of the items I’m watching in the sale as well as a few items I already own that are available at Amazon.com.
Electronics & Gadgets
First up, the electronics and gadgets I’m interested in during the Amazon Prime sale.
- Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker w/ Wi-Fi – My son Daniel, who has become quite the chef, has been trying to explain to me how this sous vide precision cooker works for a few years now. I still haven’t seen it in use, but he’s evidently cooking amazing meats with it weekly. So I’m watching this to see if it goes on deep enough sale for me to invest in.
- Toshiba Fire TV Edition – Whether it’s this Fire enable television or another, we’re going to need a new one when we move. So I’m watching for deep cuts in TVs during the sale.
- Anker power charger – If you tend to let your phone die right when you need it most, like I often do, this power charger port might come in handy.
- Echo Plus – My parents really enjoy their Echo Plus, and I think it would be nice to have the ability to pipe in the music of our choice on simple voice command. Plus this little gadget can do so much more.
- Echo Dot – Did you know you can also listen to audio books through these amazing interactive speakers?
- Anker Powerline Lightening Cable – This lightening cable is MFi certified for flawless compatibility with Apple Lightning devices, ensuring the highest possible charging speeds.
- Instant Pot – Are we the last American household to be without one of these amazing pressure cookers? I think it’s time for us to buy one if they’re on sale. I heard these were on of the top sellers last year.
Now for the more girly items. These are fashions and other womanly things I can suggest or that I’m looking into myself.
- Calvin Klein sleeveless fit and flare dress – I’ve seen this dress in the stores and it’s lovely. Amazon has it in a wide variety of colors that would be perfect for a wedding guest dress.
- Fossil sunglasses – I already have similar sunglasses by Fossil, but this might be a great time to hunt for a pair of Fossils or another brand yourself.
- Silk pillowcase – I sleep on my silk pillowcase most nights, and I really think it has helped reduce hair loss and breakage.
- Silk charmeuse scrunchy – I’m anxious to try one of these silk scrunchies for nighttime, too. With my hair as long as it is I need this to keep it out of my way at night, especially in the warm summer months.
- Sam Edelman slides – I already have these Sam Edelman slides in this great leopard print, and I wear them several days a week. But you might want to check them out. And they come in other colors and patterns, too. Maybe they’ll go on sale!
- Double circle faux leather belt – You’ve probably seen a lot of bloggers wearing a similar belt that looks a lot like a pricier designer brand belt. I like the look of this one and really do need a new belt or two. So I’m hoping these go down even more. If not, I may just buy one anyhow.
- Cut-Out Slides – These cut-out slides are also a knock off of a pricier sandal. But I think this faux leather option would be smart, especially for casual wear.
- Wooden bathtub caddy – We haven’t had a bathtub in this house, but I’m making sure I get one in my next home. And this tub caddy would be such a treat.
- Champion sports bra – I don’t require excessive support in a sports bra, and I like the look of this simple one.
Well there ya have it! I’m sure I’ll just take a few minutes in the next 48 hours just to peruse the Amazon Prime Day sales, too. Let me know if you find a great buy!
Have a lovely day, dear gals!
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer. AND you’ll be registered for my monthly drawing for a $50 gift card to a favorite retailer. Learn more and subscribe here.
Are You Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Today?
Don’t forget, if you’re a Nordstrom Cardholder you have early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale this week. You might want to begin your shopping by looking through my NSale look inspirations. Or go straight to my Shop My NSale Favorites page .
Blessed for My Day
Tell me something. How do you handle criticism or correction? Hahaha! I don’t like it at all. But if I want to grow in spiritual maturity I would be wise not only to take gracious correction, but to invite it.
God draws close to the humble woman and exalts her at the proper time. One sign of true humility is seeking out gracious accountability from others who are walking closely with the Lord and growing in wisdom. Let’s be women who not only accept a loving correction, but even invite other godly women to speak the truth in love into our lives.
Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness;
let him rebuke me—it is oil for my head;
let my head not refuse it. ~ Psalm 141:5a