Welcome to Dressed for My Day! I’ve shown so many outfit posts recently that I thought I would take a short break from them and talk Nordstrom Anniversary Sale with you. Don’t shop at Nordstrom? Woah, Bessy! Let’s rethink that!
As the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale rolls in this summer, I catch myself laughing a little. Y’all! I had no more business promoting the Nordstrom Sale last year than I do talking about the Super Bowl in February! I know nothing about professional football and I knew even less about Nordstrom’s annual pre-fall sale this time last year.
But this year, I feel much more qualified to lead my readers through the sale with a few timely posts, some shopping pointers and a little knowledge about the brands you’ll be vying for. Last year I opened my own Nordstrom credit card just in time to take advantage of the pre-sale days. Shoot, I broke in the card on the first day of the sale. But this year I’ve been whipping that well-used card out more than a girl ought to, so I’m very familiar with Nordstrom’s offerings.
If you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale with me, you’ll be in good hands. I promise.
Why You MUST Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Last year I floundered so much with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that I wondered if it was really worth all the hoopla. But the sale was fruitful for my wardrobe. Plus, I’ve learned so much this year about Nordstrom, their brands, their policies and their styles that now I KNOW this sale is worth the hype.
Here’s 8 reasons why you really MUST shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is NOT an end of summer clearance sale. It’s a pre-fall sale full of great buys for your fall and winter wardrobe.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is full of beautiful staples to fill out your Fall & Winter Wardrobe Essentials List. (I have a newly revised Fall & Winter Wardrobe Essentials List on my Freebies for Subscribers page. Subscribers can use their code to download and print it.)
- You receive free shipping on all Nordstrom purchases and returns. So you can afford to purchase multiple sizes in items and you can easily “try things out” with the ease of returning what doesn’t work.
- You can also order online and pick-up many of your purchases at your closest Nordstrom store. This perk is not necessary, but it does make shopping the sale easier and faster.
- Nordstrom offers alterations, and you can get free basic alterations if you have a Nordstrom credit card.
- Think gifts! Because this is a fall/winter sale, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a great time to purchase Christmas presents for the whole family and everyone else on your list.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale includes new products from so many wonderful brands you love. This is one-stop shopping for brands such as Boden, J.Crew, Lucky Brand, Madewell, Rebecca Minkoff, Vince Camuto, Sam Edelman, Frye and so many more.
- The Sale offers significant savings. You’ll find high quality denim, leather bags, winter coats, suede boots, designer handbags, jewelry and cosmetics marked down.
Prepare Now for the NSale
I know we’ve barely just begun to enjoy our summer fashions, but it’s not too early to begin preparing for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Here are the steps I encourage you to take in preparation for the sale.
- Mark your calendar with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The sale officially begins July 19 and goes through August 4. But Early Access for Nordstrom Cardholders is July 12-18. Also, this year the sale does not begin in the middle of the night. It launches at 12:30 p.m. Eastern DST.
- Prepare to be on your laptop or desktop computer when you have access, whether that’s on July 12 or July 19. You’ll have the most success shopping online from a computer. I know you probably follow several bloggers who are promoting the NSale, but of course I hope you will lean into my coverage of the sale. I promise to give you balanced coverage of the items you’re looking for.
- Speaking of what you’re looking for, let me know!!! Tell me in the comments below or send me an email. But let me know what you want to see first in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage. I want to help my loyal readers first. I will be going to Nordstrom on the first day of early access for the sale. I’d be glad to try on items you’re scouting out and report to you. Let’s talk about this gals!!
- Apply for a Nordstrom Credit card if you don’t already have one. I’m not one to encourage you to frivolously apply for credit. But if you shop at Nordstrom at all and you can keep your card paid off, I highly encourage you to open a Nordstrom store card for added savings and Nordy Club incentives. The card will get you into the sale earlier and open up bonuses such as $100 in alterations credits. As an added incentive, right now Nordstrom is giving away a $60 Bonus Note to anyone who signs up for their credit card. That’s $60 in your pocket to spend during the Anniversary Sale!
- Prepare your wardrobe essentials shopping list. Use my Fall & Winter Wardrobe Essentials Checklist (just subscribe to my email to receive access to the lists), look over your wardrobe and plan to shop for the holes. This is a great time to purchase quality denim, cardigans, boots, handbags, workout gear, coats and other essentials.
- Begin your Christmas or fall/winter Birthday shopping lists.
- Check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog. It’s really just a teaser, but it’s a good one. It will get you thinking about plaids and rich colors and coats and sweaters and booties, oh my!! (Click the arrows on the grey bar at the top of the page to view the catalog. It took me forever to figure this out! You’re welcome.)
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook, where I’ll be posting live try-on sessions during the early sale days. Also subscribe to my email newsletters, where I’ll be providing early bird information and extra shopping guides.
Ha! I think that’s enough homework for now! But seriously, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is worth preparing well for. If you plan on participating in the sale, I do hope you’ll allow me to help you navigate it. You’ll find me going after mostly wardrobe essentials and classic but fun pieces during the sale. And I always appreciate you supporting what I do here by shopping my links. Thank you so very much.
Have a blessed and beautiful day, ladies! And let me know if you have any questions about the sale. Also, go ahead and let me know what you’ll be shopping for in this year’s sale.
Blessed for My Day
King David was passionate about preparing a place for the spirit of the Lord to dwell among His people. He wanted desperately to build a temple for God.
How about you? Do you long to build a dwelling place for the Lord Almighty? No, not a temple of brick and mortar, but a dwelling place at the center of your life. How do we build a temple for God today? I think we make a home for God’s presence when we daily confess our sins, keeping our hearts clean of wrong thinking and bad judgment. We can also clean our hearts with a daily reading of God’s Word and we can “decorate” the walls of our heart with memorized Scripture. Finally, we can release control of our lives to God and give Him the throne.
“I will not enter my house
or get into my bed,
I will not give sleep to my eyes
or slumber to my eyelids,
until I find a place for the Lord,
a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.” ~ Psalm 132:3-5