We can pretend like it doesn’t happen, but I know it does! I think most of us buy a little something – or a BIG something! – for ourselves at Christmas. We’re shopping a little more than usual, scouring the Internet for the latest and greatest gifts to buy for those on our lists. So it only stands to reason that we happen upon things that we didn’t know we needed, but man oh man! Wouldn’t “that” be nice to have? Yeah, I think most of us do that. In fact, James’ present to “us” arrived this week and he’s using it tonight. I’m sharing it and some other great picks in my Christmas Gift Guide for You & Your Spouse.
This year my gift guides are shoppable widgets. By keeping down on the descriptions of the gifts, I can focus more of my time on adding to and keeping these guides up to date as we move through the season. (Although I did a little more ‘xplaining on this gift guide than the others!)
Gifts for You & Your Spouse
I’ve found gifts for you and your hubby that, for the most part, you can enjoy together. Many are timesavers, while others are recreational and fun to use. Almost all of these are things I own or someone I know well owns and loves. And I have gifts in all price ranges. In fact, the range is quite wide!
A Few of My Favorites
Let me tell you about a few of my favorites, then I’ll let you loose in the shopping widget.
- My husband uses this camera to take our photos for the blog. It wasn’t his first camera, but it’s the one he advanced to when we started taping videos. It does a great job with portraits, videos and landscape shots. If you’re interested and want to know more about the lenses and other equipment he uses, let me know. He’ll gladly share all things! I do know he has this lens for the camera. (Yeah, this business is not cheap.)
- My son purchased this Le Creuset Dutch oven a while back and loves cooking dinner in it. He makes the best braised short ribs! He recommends the 5.5 quart.
- My son has been praising his Sous Vide precision cooker for several years. Finally we had some filet mignon he cooked with them a few months ago. BEST. STEAK. EVER. No exaggeration. So James and I got one for Christmas and he’s breaking it in tonight. By the way, James also purchased this Rubbermaid food storage container, this Sous Vide container sleeve, this collapsible lid for the container and this Sous Vide rack divider. Hmm. Where is he planning on putting all this stuff? Hahaha!
- This is the firepit we sat around with friends in their backyard. They just purchased it recently and they’re loving it. It puts off nice heat. You have to buy a propane tank, but it fits nicely under the pit. I think this is a gift you’d get a lot of mileage out of, especially in these unique days.
- Everyone in my family enjoys games. Well maybe not my father-in-law, but he’s a good sport about it. Hahaha! Some of our favorites that play well with two players are Wingspan (great for bird lovers!), Carcasonne and The Fox in the Forest.
- I recently purchased these cozy flannel PJs from LLBean. I’m in love! But if you’d like to get matching PJs with your man, check out these for you and these for him.
- James and I are hoping to buy a house in the spring, and when we do I’m hoping to purchase The Frame television. It looks like framed artwork on your wall when it’s not on, but also works as a high quality TV.
I’ve got lots of other suggestions in the shopping widget below. Happy shopping!
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer.
For my Christmas gift guides I’m going to include a Blessed for My Day, but I’m going to try something a little different. I’ll just be providing a few beautiful “Christmas verses” for you to meditate on. Enjoy!
Blessed for My Day
Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all the people were on their way to register for the census, each to his own city. Now Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David, in order to register along with Mary, who was betrothed to him, and was pregnant. While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. ~ Luke 2:1-7
7 thoughts on “Gift Yourself! Christmas Gift Guide”
I love the way you think! Couples gifts…doing things together, etc. Married 34 years, 5 kids, 12 grandkids and our favorite thing to do is be together.??
After being married 26 years and having downsized, neither one of us really need more stuff. We like buying a gift for the both of us, like a golf cart that we use to hunt, visit the neighbors, and now I’m using to get around in the yard while in an orthopedic boot. Great ideas, Kay! Have fun shooting the videos today!
Thank you so much for the creative gift ideas! So appreciate your Christian witness!
I get your weekly emails but do not get Facebook information.
I tried to sign up on FB but it said I was already signed up.
Thanks for your help
In these trying times I can see this post being very nice for a couples gift ! You do spend a lot more time together at home these days, cooking in and making food together!
Love all the cooking ideas to purchase!
And YES….I always buy something for ME?
We have been married 39 years! Thankfully we don’t need a thing. We’ve decided we will do stocking stuffers. And make plans to take a trip to Yellowstone in the Spring. I like the idea of couple gifts ? Pandemic permitting…..
We got so caught up playing Wingspan at thanksgiving that we ran out of time for our main entree and ended up just making the sides! Lots of fun!