Happy Birthday, USA! If you, like me, live in the states, I hope you’re celebrating our nation’s freedoms and history with something good to eat and a few fireworks. Oh, and maybe a parade! But between all that you might want to check out the tremendous sales that are going on all over the Internet. I’ve got all the SALE listings below! In fact, the French terry dress I’m sharing with you today is 50% off today only. (Plus get $5 shipping!)
Hahaha! No, you’re not at the wrong blog! I guess I should have said “the French terry dress Abby’s sharing with you today…” These are my final shots of my daughter Abigail from our photo shoot a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve saved them until now for a couple of reasons.
First of all, I knew this dress would be 50% off today (online only – use code FIREWORKS). Y’all. This dress. (And that girl!)
This French terry dress is so easy to wear. It’s comfortable, body skimming, beautiful on any silhouette and plum pretty.
Keep in mind, my 25 year-old daughter chose to get a petite fit for her 5’8″ frame for a more youthful look. I realize most of my readers probably would not prefer the dress to be quite this short. Ha! So here’s what the size Small in a Missy length looks like on my 5’8″ frame. Yep. I bought me one, too.
Anyhow, back to that great French terry dress. The small in the missy fits me true to size and hits an inch or two above the knee. Keep in mind, I’m also 5’8″.
This simple shift dress features a scoop neck, drop shoulder with cap sleeves and a small keyhole opening at the back. You just pull the dress over your head like a t-shirt for easy on-and-off. Oh, and the dress is full of stretch, but made of a good quality polyester, spandex, rayon blend.
I like the seams that come down the front of the dress. They give it a more feminine shape.
While Abby shows off the pretty jewelry she selected to wear with her dress above, I’ll tell you the other reason I saved these photos for this day. I’m highlighting my daughter today because this week she earned her Master’s degree in Life Coaching from Grand Canyon University. Yippee!! Congratulations Abigail!
Abigail has a theatre performance degree, but she feels called into ministry, too. And she hopes to coach young adults who are transitioning into “the real world.” She’s passionate about helping teenagers, college students and young career people build community and establish healthy life patterns so they can be all they’re meant to be. You know so many young people battle anxiety, struggle to get their footing in their careers and even battle depression. Abby hopes to help young adults reach their goals, but more importantly she wants them to get to know their God and rest in His grace and love.
Ok. No more Abby. Because if I keep showing her in these photos I’m going to lose my job! Ha!
Don’t forget that this dress plus everything else at Talbots is 50% off today…ONLINE ONLY! Use code FIREWORKS. Plus you get $5 shipping (unless you’re a Premiere card holder and you’re shipping is always free!)You might want to check out my updated “Shop My Talbots Favorites Page” for more great ideas before heading over there.
Shop the Post:
You can shop the look through the links in the copy above or through the shopping widget below. Sale prices are not always reflected in the widget, so click through to get pricing info. Remember, if you purchase anything through these links I potentially earn a commission, but at no cost to you. Thank you for shopping through Dressed for My Day. I am grateful!
July 4th Sales Worth Checking Out
I’ve got so many wonderful sales for you to check out. This is a great time to shop for vacation, summer birthdays, special occasions such as weddings and more. Also, use these sales to fill in any gaps in your summer wardrobe essentials.
- Ann Taylor is offering 50% off sitewide with code JULY. Check out my Ann Taylor Favorites first.
- At Loft you’ll get 40% off sitewide PLUS FREE shipping with code HBDUSA. Check out my Loft Favorites first.
- Talbots is having an OUTSTANDING celebration with 50% off sitewide PLUS $5 shipping – ONLINE ONLY!!! Use code FIREWORKS. Today only! Check out my Talbots Favorites first.
- Chico’s is having a 4th of July FLASH SALE through today only with 50% OFF STOREWIDE with code 68859. Plus passport members (sign up!) get an extra 5% off.
- Soma is giving you up to 80% off PLUS their Vanishing Edge panties are now 5 for $35 just through 7/7.
- Get up to 60% off right now at Boden.
- At Macy’s you’ll get 35-60% off with code FOURTH. Plus get FREE SHIPPING with purchase of $75+.
- J.Jill is giving you 40% OFF all sale styles PLUS $10 OFF select pimas & jeans.
- Nordstrom has some great finds on their sale page, including this LEATHER MOTO JACKET.
- GAP is offering 40% OFF everything and an extra 50% OFF markdowns JUST THROUGH TODAY.
- At Banana Republic you’ll get an extra 50% off sale items, 40% off WOMEN’S styles and 30% off MEN’S styles.
- Anthropologie is giving you an extra 50% off all sale styles.
- At Coach, get 50% off all sale styles. Now is a great time to shop for a neutral bag to carry you into fall.
- Don’t miss the opportunity for up to 60% off select styles at Sole Society.
- Lands’ End has a 4th of July Sale going on with a variety of deals, including 40% off full price styles.
- J.Crew is granting 40% off full price styles and 50% more off sale styles with code FIREWORKS.
- At Target use code AMERICA to save up to 30% off home and patio items. Get 20% off women’s AND kids’ swimwear with code SWIM. PLUS more savings storewide.
- Here’s a link to Walmart’s July 4th Savings Center, where you’ll find plenty of bargains…many you can pick up at the store.
- At Bloomingdale’s take an extra 50% off clearance and an extra 30% off sale items. Become a Loyalist and get free shipping ALL THE TIME.
- This weekend at Old Navy you’ll get up to 60% off everything (through 7/7)!
- If you shop Kohl’s this weekend you’ll find deep markdowns and special offers galore. Get an additional 20% off with code JULYSAVE20. Plus earn $10 Kohl’s cash with every $50 spent.
- JCPenney is offering 20% off your online purchase with code HOLIDAY3 if you use your JCPenney card. But everyone can get 25% off with code HOLIDAY3 (any way you pay) on purchases $100+.ONLINE ONLY.
- Michael Kors has items marked down as much as 70% just through 7/7. I’d start right here for AMAZING handbag buys.
- Vera Bradley is offering 40% off select colors and styles and 30% off Firewords Paisley & select travel styles.
- REI is having a 4th of July sale with up to 40% off select items through July 4 only.
I’ll be watching throughout the day for additional sales to update the page. So if you choose to do your shopping later today, be sure to check back in here first. Really, gals, I don’t encourage you to shop often. But today’s sales are worth not passing up.
Have a happy and safe day with family and friends! And despite our foibles, may God, out of His grace, bless the USA.
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer.
Blessed for My Day
Look, the truth is we don’t live in a “Christian nation.” I’m not sure there is such a thing. At least not anymore. But we do live in a nation where you and I have the freedom to worship the One true God, to read and teach His Word and to raise our children and grandchildren to do the same. Yes, it’s getting harder to do those things. But we do have those freedoms.
While we may long for the days when it was somewhat “easier” to practice our faith in our country, maybe it is better that it’s become more challenging. Because our culture has become so ungodly, we are forced to put up or shut up. Daily we must choose to worship the God of the Bible or bow down to the gods of this world. Honestly, the default is to worship our culture’s gods. But let’s determine today to be women who boldly yet humbly worship our Creator God Almighty.
I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
I bow down toward your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word. ~ Psalm 138:1-2