Happy Sunday! As we wrap up our final month of the 2023 DFMD Scripture Meditation & Memory Challenge, I have big news. I promised you a reward for finishing well, so today I’m sharing how I will deliver on that. First of all, I’ve already planned one Video Conference Call Celebration Party for Sunday, January 7, 3-4 p.m. EST. And you’re invited!!! But that call can only accommodate 100 people. So if need be, I can schedule a second one, too.
Here’s what I need you to do.
- If you can possibly make that call (it will be on Google Meets) on January 7, 3-4 p.m. EST, please let me know in the comments. Just say, “Reserve me a space for Party 1.” I’ll then send you an email sometime in the next week with a link to the party so you can add it to your calendar. (Make sure you enter your email correctly in the comment section. It won’t show in the comment, but I can see it on the back end of my website.)
- If you cannot make that call, but would like to join another one at another time, let me know that. And suggest a time (on that same day) when you could meet. I can’t promise that I’ll schedule the 2nd party for your suggested time. But I’ll do my best to accommodate as many people as possible. So maybe let me know a range of times that would work better for you. It would probably need to be later in the day, not earlier.
- If that day, January 7, is just not workable at all for you, please let me know a better day. If I have enough interest in a second day, I might can accommodate that.
- If you don’t plan to join us at all, that’s okay. No need to comment to that effect. We’ll miss you, but I understand this may not be for everyone.
- Of course you will need a computer or phone or tablet with a camera (built-in is fine) and mic, and you’ll need a good Internet connection to participate. Everyone MUST be on camera to participate. I’m sorry if that’s not comfortable for you, but I want to make sure that only those who are supposed to be on the call are on it. So I HAVE to be able to see everyone. This is for our security and privacy.
I also plan to provide us all a downloadable certificate that you can frame if you so desire. I’ll have that for you in January also.
By the way, I will not be hosting this challenge for 2024. I do hope you will continue the practice of selecting scriptures throughout the year for meditation and memorization, but I just need a yearlong break from hosting. If there is interest, we will do it again in 2025.
My personal plan for spiritual growth in 2024 includes once again reading through the Bible with the Charles Stanley Life Principles Daily Bible (or here). I highly recommend it if you’d like to join me. And if you express interest in the comments today, I might consider (and will pray about) hosting some kind of group encouragement format for reading the Bible through in the year.
My 23rd Scripture
So without further ado, let me share my next scripture passage. I’m reading through the Emmauel 25 day advent devotional by Ruth Chou Simons currently. And the first verse she had us focus on was Luke 1:38. That scripture struck me afresh and I’ve been mulling it over all week.
This scripture has me doing a posture check each morning. Ruth says our heart posture determines our relationship with the Lord. So true. God opposes the proud, but He draws near to the humble. Mary demonstrated true humility and trust in God. I want that kind of submissive spirit to characterize me every day as well.
When God challenges me to a new thing, takes me on an unexpected detour or gives me a fresh assignment, I want to respond the same way Mary did. Sure, she wondered at how He would accomplish His plan, but she did not question His authority over her life nor did she doubt His goodness. I want the same to be said of me.
I look forward to hearing about your 23rd scripture selection in today’s comments. And be sure to let me know if you’d like a reservation for the January 7th celebration or if we need to come up with another time that might accommodate you. I’d really like for us all to meet together on the 7th at 3 p.m. EST, so if we can do that we absolutely will. But if we have more than 100 women who would like to celebrate the fruit of this endeavor, then we will work to make accommodations to do so.
Have a happy Sunday!