Happy Friday gals! And welcome to the long weekend in which we seem to officially jump into summer.
I am definitely mindful that some of you may truly be remembering and honoring loved ones who have sacrificed everything on the battlefield for our country. And as a nation it is certainly appropriate for all of us to pause and be thankful for lives given in sacrifice. After living in a military community for over 14 years now, I definitely have a more profound appreciation for the sacrifices made by our military and their families. So if you are reflecting on a personal loss this Memorial Day weekend, I say thank you. Please know that you are surrounded today by a nation of grateful people who can’t truly grasp your sacrifice and pain, but we want to respectfully and lovingly acknowledge it. Thank you.
Because the holiday weekend is already upon, I thought I’d skip today’s usual fashion post and provide you with a sales shopping guide instead. I’m providing as much Memorial Day Weekend Sales information as I can dredge up, and I’m focusing on shopping the items “as seen on Dressed for My Day (DFMD).”
This will be a sort of review post in some ways. But I thought it would be nice to show you the outfits and items I’ve shown here on Dressed for My Day that are now significantly marked down for the weekend sales.
Let’s get started!
Shop JCPenney for Memorial Day Sales
At JCPenney you’ll find plenty of markdowns throughout the store. But if you shop online, you’ll get an extra 25% off your purchase of $100 or more with code 25GOSAVE. Or if you have and use a JCPenney credit card, you can get an extra 20% off online. I suppose you’d only tap into that savings if you spent less than $100.
I think several of my readers already ordered this lovely French blue and white fit and flare dress and shrug and hopefully have already been enjoying them. But now they’re marked down significantly and still available in most sizes. The dress runs true to size and is made of linen and rayon.
You can see more of this post here.
Shop Ann Taylor for Memorial Day Sales
Ann Taylor is giving you 40% off your purchases through Saturday at 11:59 p.m. only. (They may continue the sale, but it’s scheduled to end then.) Use the code SUMMERTIME. And if you have an Ann Taylor or Loft credit card and use it, you can get 50% off regular price items with code MDW50 through May 27. They’ve also been having daily specials, so watch for those, too.
See more of the above look in this post.
Notice in the photo above that the black gingham shorts (even less expensive in the red) are marked down significantly at Ann Taylor, but the sleeveless magenta shirt (available in other colors) is also marked down at least 40% at Talbots. See more of this look in this post.
Shop Loft for Memorial Day Sales
This ruffle midi wrap dress was popular with DFMD readers, too. And hopefully those of you who purchased it were also able to get it when it was marked down. But now it’s marked down and you can get it for another 40% off that price! This dress will be cool, pretty and comfortable all summer.
See more of this look in this post.
I’ve really enjoyed wearing this sweet tie waist dress. It’s only marked down a teensy weensy bit, but then you do get the 40% off with code FINALLY. Remember, Loft’s sale is just scheduled to run through Saturday night.
Shop Dillard’s for Memorial Day Sales
Dillard’s has marked down hundreds of spring dresses as much as 40% for Memorial Day weekend. You’ll find other sale items here. But I was especially excited when I saw that this great paisley top is marked down considerably.
Note that the colorful beaded bracelet so many of my readers commented on in this post is also on sale and you can get another 25% off with code 26GOSAVE at JCPenney.
See more of this look in this post.
Shop Talbots for Memorial Day Sales
At Talbots this weekend through Monday you’ll get 40% off one sale item and 50% off two or more. And if you are a Classic Awards member, you’ll get 40% off one regular price item with code SUMMER between now and May 27th.
For more ideas on what to buy at Talbots, check out My Talbots Favorites page.
Shop Nordstrom for Memorial Day Sales
Nordstrom is hosting their Half Yearly Sale with up to 50% off on items storewide. Shop women’s sale items here. Or, if you’re looking for a Father’s Day present (it’s just around the corner!) you could peruse the men’s sale items here.
Check out My Nordstrom Favorites page for shopping ideas. However, only a few of the items on my page are reduced in price.
Other Retails to Shop this Weekend
Here are some of the other sales going on this weekend.
- Title Nine has marked down so many spring and summer items up to 50% off. This is a great place to shop for swimsuits, travel dresses, hiking clothes and workout attire.
- At Chico’s you’ll get 40% off tees, crops, shorts and dresses. That’s just about everything you’ll need for summer, huh. And if you check out the sale listings, you can get an additional 40% off one item with code 93470 or 50% off two or more sale items with code 68389.
- Banana Republic is giving you 40% off everything, no code needed. Plus you can get free 3-5 day shipping on purchases over $100 with code BRSHIP.
- At J.Jill they are giving you an additional 40% off Spring Sale Styles. And they do have some pretty things in that selection you can wear all summer long.
- If you shop Gap, you’ll get 40% off everything, no exclusions, with code READY.
- At White House Black Market you’ll find 30% off select full price styles and 40% off sale items.
- Maybe you’re more into home goods right now. Wayfair is having a Memorial Day clearance with discounts up to 70%.
- Michael Kors is giving you an additional 25% off items that are already reduced with the code WEEKEND.
- At Macy’s take an extra 20% off sale items with code MEMDAY.
- Get up to 50% off select women’s styles at Neiman Marcus.
- At Target get up to 30% off home items with code HOME.
- Save up to 40% shopping online at Walmart this weekend.
- Get up to 40% off with code HOLIDAY at Lord & Taylor this weekend.
- At Boden get 30% off most everything with code C7R2 this weekend. Ends Monday.
Finally, here’s the shopping widget for the items “seen on Dressed for My Day” that are now on sale. Non-sale items are not included in the widget. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks so much for stopping in today. Tomorrow I’ll have a fashion post up. And I’m featuring a great vacation dress at JCPenney that’s on sale.
Blessed for My Day
Lord, help us today not to live just for ourselves. Make us mindful and aware of those around us…their hurts and fears, their dreams and joys, their challenges and victories. Show each of us how we can best encourage and strengthen those closest to us. Make us sensitive to what burdens them and then show us how to help lift those burdens.
Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. ~ Romans 15:1-2