Happy Saturday, gals! I’m tickled pink because my daughter is here for a visit. I love that girl! She is just full of life and brings such joy to our family. So as I was planning for today’s blog post I had fun and joy and whimsy on the mind. And that’s why I’m sharing with you today lotsa great t-shirts for summer. Doesn’t that just make you smile?
As much as I love dressing up a little with button up shirts, dressy shorts or even a sweet dress, there’s just something about wearing a cheerful t-shirt during the summer that makes you feel plum good! And truly there’s nothing better to pair with your favorite pair of denim shorts than a great graphic or novelty tee.
But I put together a shopping widget FULL of LOTSA great t-shirts for the summer. This t-shirt that proclaims, “lake days & boat waves” reminds me of my friend Candy, who spends most of her summer at their lake house.
I’m thinking of surprising my daughter with this tee that says, “buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks.” She enjoys evenings at the ballpark watching the Atlanta Braves play. And I just can’t resist a t-shirt with pink flamingos for some reason, so I recently ordered this one (it’s 40% off with code NEWNOW). But then, this pink flamingo tee and this one (now 30% off) are also winners!
I’ll have a What to Wear 4th of July post this Thursday, so I’ll save the tee I’ve ordered for it until then. But if you’re chomping at the bit for a patriotic t-shirt, you’ll find a great selection here and here.
So without further ado, let’s get to that shopping widget. Many of these links lead to multiple graphic designs and colors. For instance, the Happy Camper tee is featured in a set of other darling camping themed t-shirts. I hope you find a new summer t-shirt that puts a smile on your face!
The Dressed for My Day Challenge
Today we begin the third week of our Dressed for My Day Challenge. We’re having so much fun. Especially over on the private DFMD Challenge Facebook Group. You can still join, gals. In fact, I may keep this group active even after the challenge is over. It’s like we’re having a party…every day!
Here are the daily challenges for this coming week:
- Sunday, June 16 – Dress up or dress down. Whichever you usually do for church, do just the opposite today. But still go in style. Even if you wear jeans, create an outfit that says you care and you’ve put in the effort.
- Monday, June 17 – Look through your closet and drawers and find five pieces of clothing you really don’t wear or that don’t fit you well. Pull them out and donate them to a shelter for women or other charity. Can’t find clothing that fits the bill? Consider jewelry, handbags or gently worn shoes.
- Tuesday, June 18 – Get real about the condition of your accessories. Look through your handbags, belts, shoes and jewelry, noticing the details such as stitching, stains, tears, scuff marks, cleanliness, loose pieces, etc. Donate or throw away anything that looks too worn or “broken.” Be sure to share your results on FB or Instagram. Sunday, June 16 – Dress up or dress down. Whichever you usually do for church, do just the opposite today. But still go in style. Even if you wear jeans, create an outfit that says you care and you’ve put in the effort.
- Wednesday, June 19 – Spend a little time playing dress up today. Create 3-5 different outfits from combining items in your closet that you’ve never worn that way before. Accessorize them, too. Now take photos of each outfit, either in the mirror or as a flat-lay on your bed. Post the photos on FB or Instagram. But more importantly, use those photos to help you put together those outfits and wear them in the coming days.
- Thursday, June 20 – What color brings you joy? Find a way to incorporate that color into today’s outfit, even if it’s just an accessory. Share a photo and tell about the color that brings you joy.
- Friday, June 21 – Regardless of what your day holds, take your daytime outfit into evening with a few tweaks. Change up your accessories, jacket, shoes or hairstyle. Even if you’re just home with your family in the evening, do something to change things up from day to evening. Oh, and it’s National Selfie Day! So you know the drill! n’t find clothing that fits the bill? Consider jewelry, handbags or gently worn shoes.
- Saturday, June 22 – It’s a great day to wear sneakers. Start there, but then elevate the look. Whether you wear shorts or a dress, create an ultra-feminine vibe by carefully selecting your colors, jewelry and other accessories. Share a photo so we can all see how you styled your favorite sneakers.
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Blessed for My Day
I love a good graphic tee. But not all tees are created equally. I came across several t-shirts that had witty messages that made me laugh at first, but then they made me wince. Yeah, I can be as sarcastic as the next gal. But honestly, I know I need to choose my message carefully. Whether it’s stamped across my t-shirt or coming from my mouth or communicated through my body language, I want my message to be one of joy and hope, faith and love.
How can we keep our message godly and uplifting? I think the best way to communicate good tidings to others is to begin by spending time in God’s presence each day. If we begin our day reading the loving message of His Word and then speaking our praises to Him, we’ll be more prone to speak a message of joy to those we encounter the rest of the day.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ 118:24