Happy Saturday, everyone! If you’re like me and enjoy lingering over your coffee with a friend, I hope you’ll grab a second cup and sit with me a few minutes today. I’m just feeling a little chatty!
Honestly, there’s not that much going on in my life to share with you, but I want to talk a little about what I do here at Dressed for My Day, where I feel things going and what’s in store for you, my dear readers. I know I have acquired a lot of new readers over time, too, so it’s a good time to get us all on the same page.
Me and the Blog
I’m still enjoying blogging at Dressed for My Day, but it is a challenge to get the work done each week. I’m hoping it looks effortless and oh-so-fun from your screen, but honestly, it’s a lot of work. I’m certainly not complaining because I love so much about this. But some days I do feel overwhelmed.
You gals do so much to make the work feel worth it. And I’m very grateful. My biggest priority as a blogger is to add value to your life. I don’t have illusions of being super important to you and I know what I offer here at Dressed for My Day is neither rocket science nor deep theology. But I do want to serve you a little with each post.
So here’s what you can do to help me serve you better:
- send me your questions, fashion quandaries, beauty problems or fitness challenges. Let me know what kinds of posts you’d like to see.
- let me know when a post does resonate or meet a need and how or why.
- participate in the challenge I’m going to share with you today. (more in a minute)
Of course, the greatest way you support me is just by showing up. You may not believe this, but I can actually feel your presence. I don’t mean that in some voodoo-y, mystic way. Hahaha! But because we’ve built a sizable community here and so many of you comment either here or on Instagram or Facebook or through emails, I know you’re reading and engaging…and I can feel it. I used to feel like a street barker standing on a corner talking as people just passed by looking a little embarrassed. But now this blog feels more like a group of gals sitting in the cutest, coziest coffee shop (or malt shop!) looking through a magazine together and chatting it up. So thank you for that.
Shopping at Dressed for My Day
I’m very grateful that many of you do seem to enjoy shopping through my blog posts. It actually cost a pretty penny to keep this puppy up and going. While my goal is to build a business here that allows me to contribute a steady income to my family budget, right now I’m just barely breaking even. And that’s just as expected, so I’m definitely not complaining. But I do want you to know, dear reader, that when you shop through Dressed for My Day you’re contributing to a small female entrepreneurship, and I’m oh so grateful.
Some of you have been so kind as to ask how you can further support what I’m attempting to do here, so I thought I’d tell you. Actually, there’s a lot you can do. And all of it is totally free on your part. I mean, yes, it does cost money to shop for clothing. Ha! But there’s no added cost to you when you shop from Dressed for My Day.
How to Shop at Dressed for My Day
There are actually no fewer than 5 ways to shop Dressed for My Day:
- Shop the fashion posts. You can shop the links in the story, the links in the captions and the shopping widgets. When you buy something through those links I potentially earn a commission on your purchase.
- Shop the Shop Where I Shop links in the “sidebar.” You could virtually begin all your online shopping from my website! If you’re on a laptop or desktop computer, you’ll see the store links in the right sidebar. But if you’re reading on a handheld device, the Shop Where I Shop links are below the post, so you’ll just keep scrolling down to get to them. If you’re going to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, for instance, you could start your shopping experience from the Nordstrom link in my list. Or if you’re going to order house cleaning supplies from Amazon, you, too, can start shopping from my link. That is soooo helpful and appreciated.
- Shop through the Shop My Favorites pages. You’ll find these in the top menu under Shop. Right now I have a Shop My Loft Favorites, Shop My Talbots Favorites and Shop My Nordstrom Favorites. But I’ll be adding more. I try to keep these pages current with items I either own and enjoy or have tried on and loved.
- Shop My Looks. Under that Shop tab on the Top Menu, you’ll also find a page called Shop My Looks. These are most of the looks I’ve shown in my blog posts, plus some of my everyday looks. This is the best place to shop all the components of a look you love once you’ve left the blog post. That way you don’t have to look for the post all over again.
- Shop through the LiketoKnowIt app. If you follow me or other style bloggers on Instagram, you might want to download the LiketoKnowIt app so you can shop through it. You simply follow your favorite bloggers on the app. Then when you see an outfit on Instagram that you like modeled by one of your favorite bloggers, you take a screenshot and go to the app. The look will pop up and you’ll be able to shop it. Easy peasy. (Or not! It took me a while to get the hang of this app, honestly. But once you do, it’s pretty convenient.)
Upcoming Dressed for My Day Challenge
Remember, at Dressed for My Day my goal is to inspire and help women like you and me to dress beautifully and appropriately for our unique days so we can engage gracefully and authentically with those around us and influence them well. To that end, I’m introducing a new Dressed for My Day Challenge that will begin June 1st. I’m soooo excited about this!!
In the Dressed for My Day Challenge I’ll be encouraging you and me to actually get dressed for each day, using a little styling to add some beauty to our looks. You’ll be able to participate in one or more ways.
- Dressed for My Day Challenge posts – Throughout the month of June I’ll be mentioning and championing the challenge through my blog posts, encouraging my readers to use wardrobe essentials, wear colors that work for you, accessorize to add interest, etc. Bottom line, I’m encouraging us all to put a little more effort into how we dress for our days.
- Dressed for My Day Challenge emails – You’ll be able to subscribe to the Dressed for My Day Challenge through daily emails. I’ll be sending out emails each day that will inspire you to incorporate different accessories, styling techniques, color combinations, etc. I’ll also provide links to interesting articles about styling that you’ll enjoy. These will be very short emails. But they’re inspire us to meet the challenge.
- Instagram #DressedforMyDayChallenge link-up – This is the most exciting avenue of participation! I’m hoping that many of you will join me in posting some of your daily outfit posts on Instagram and then include the hashtag #DressedforMyDayChallenge with your post. Look, these don’t have to be “fashion blogger” photos. They can still be photos of you and your dog or you and your daughter, etc. Or they can be simple mirror selfies. But you can show us DFMD gals how you are meeting the challenge by linking up with the hashtag. Fun!!!
Well, that’s it for today. Like I said, several readers had asked recently how to support me here at Dressed for My Day more, so I wanted to remind you of all those shopping opportunities. But I also wanted to go ahead and introduce the Dressed for My Day Challenge. I’ll be sharing more in the next couple of weeks, leading up to the big day, June 1. I hope you’ll get on board with us. This can be such a purposeful challenge in our lives, but it can also help build community and provide encouragement for each other.
Let me know if you have any questions, comments or even suggestions. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend, ladies. You’re the best!
Blessed for My Day
I know some people have an unquenchable desire to completely understand God’s ways. Some people get very frustrated when they can’t understand or explain a story or scripture in the Bible. They want answers to their questions before they’ll put their trust in God.
But, as much as I too question, I don’t feel the need to have all the answers. What do I question? I want to know why some people have to suffer with mental illness. I want to know why some babies are born with confused sexual identity issues. And I want to know why some families seem to have more than their fair share of difficulties and struggles while others seem to be abundantly blessed. And I don’t want the world’s opinions on these situations. I want the God of the universe to explain them to me.
But….I don’t need those answers in order to trust God. In fact, I appreciate that I can’t explain everything. And I appreciate that we don’t have a God who condescends to explain everything to us. And I appreciate that we have a God that we can’t begin to wrap our brains around. He is bigger and grander and smarter and wiser than me. And that’s just fine with me. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! ~ Romans 11:33