Happy Saturday to you! I hope you have a little fun planned into your day, even if it’s just stopping for an ice cream cone between errands. I have some great casual summer looks from J.Jill to share with you today. Maybe they’ll inspire you to just chill a little today. Oh, and you’ll get 30% off all tops, tees and cardigans at J.Jill through the weekend.
I always feel like I’m trying on so many clothes when I do these try-on sessions. Then I get home and discover I didn’t put on nearly as many pieces as it felt like. Ha! So I just have 5 different outfits to share, and a few of them feature duplicate pieces. But maybe this is enough to inspire you to check out the J.Jill website for more great finds.
My Size Information
I’m 5’8″ and weigh in the neighborhood of 150 pounds (depending on whether or not I gave in to James’ suggestion to order a pizza recently!). I usually wear an 8 in tops, dresses, shorts and pants, but a 6 in most jeans. I waffle back and forth between Smalls and Mediums, but probably go with a small more often.
At J.Jill I almost always wear a small in tops and dresses, but a medium in pants or shorts. And I do wear an 8 in both their pants and jeans.
If the Links Don’t Work…
As I’m writing this post I’m realizing that my links are not working well for some reason. They’re going to J.Jill, but once they get to the item they’re immediately switching to the J.Jill home page. In the event that happens, just plug the name of the item I’m giving you into the J.Jill search engine. I do apologize for any inconvenience. The trouble is on their end, so maybe they’ll fix it soon.
Today all tops, tees and cardigans at J.Jill are 30% off.
The Try-On Session
The manager at J.Jill told me that these authentic fit jeans are their best selling fit. And sure enough, while most J.Jill pants just don’t fit me for some reason, this fit does. But specifically I love the casual vibe of these authentic fit cuffed cropped jeans. This color is called light seashell. Ahhh. I’m wearing the 8.
I wish I’d taken a picture of the back of this ocean breeze eyelet wrapped-back knit top. That’s where the fun is on this one. But you can click through the link to see how it works. So cool and pretty. I’m wearing a Small. Unfortunately, it’s only available in limited sizes in the blue. But you’ll find more selection in the white version.
I ended up going home with the authentic fit cuffed cropped jeans in the “light zinnia” or orange. These feel oh so good on. And I appreciate the loose fit that just skims your body for the summer heat, rather than a snug fit. Again, I’m happily wearing the 8. These cuffed cropped jeans also come in blue and white.
Unfortunately I think this darling top is sold out. I didn’t buy it that day, but went back in Thursday and purchased it when I realized it was sold out online. At least I can’t find it. If you do, let me know! This floral knit eyelet top would also look great with both the orange and pick jeans.
Well, speaking of the white authentic fit cuffed cropped jeans, here they are! Obviously I like these pants. Huh?
This time I paired them with a linen side-button sleeveless shirt. I love this striped version, but it also comes in cedar brown, navy, white and light papaya red. And the linen side-button sleeveless shirt is available in petite sizes to get the proportions correct.
Next I switched to shorts. These are the authentic fit denim shorts in white. They’re also available in a pretty floral print, green moss, blue denim and the light seashell. I’m wearing the 8 and they fit TTS.
You’ll be seeing this Pure Jill tie-dye high-low tee in a future blog post. It’s oh so soft and has a nice drape to it. I love it with white, but it also looks great with the light seashell or zinnia orange. I’m wearing a small and it fits well.
Finally, I tried on the soft rayon twill shorts zinnia tossed filigree. They’re also available in pale blue tossed filigree. But I’m always a fan of orange. The sales person brought me these in a small and they mostly fit. But I feel like they were a little snug across the hips. So I’d probably go with a medium. However, if you’re not as full in the hips or bum, go with your smaller size.
I paired the shorts with pima back-pleat tank in everyday blue. It’s a very soft, easy-to-wear tank that comes in several other colors and stripes. I just tucked in the front a little and left the back draping out.
Unfortunately that’s all I tried on that day. Ha! Like I said, it seemed like a lot at the time. But I have also ordered this pretty embroidered smocked-waist dress in everyday blue multi. I ordered the small. And I have this striped t-shirt dress coming my way in a small, too.
The Dressed for My Day Challenge
Today we begin the fourth week of our Dressed for My Day Challenge. We’re having so much fun. Especially over on the private DFMD Challenge Facebook Group. You can still join, gals. In fact, I may keep this group active even after the challenge is over. It’s like we’re having a party…every day!
Here are the daily challenges for this coming week and the last weekend:
- #22 – It’s a great day to wear sneakers. Start there, but then elevate the look. Whether you wear shorts or a dress, create an ultra-feminine vibe by carefully selecting your colors, jewelry and other accessories. Share a photo so we can all see how you styled your favorite sneakers.
- #23 – Guess what! It’s National Pink Day. If pink is in your wardrobe wheelhouse, pull it out and give this amazing color its day. Pair it with denim, black, white, orange or creamy beige. But if pink’s not your thing, own that, too. Resist the urge to wear a color that you don’t love or that doesn’t work for you. Post a pic with #NationalPinkDay & #DressedforMyDayChallenge.
- #24 – Let’s wear a skirt! You choose the length and fit that works best for you. If you’re short waisted, do a partial tuck of your shirt. If you’re long waisted, create a more balanced proportion by wearing a high waisted skirt. If you’re thick around the middle, you can create more of a waistline by wearing a fuller skirt and cinching it at the waist. You can also add a simple cardigan or denim jacket over your skirt to help with proportions.
- #25 – What trend are you embracing fully this summer? Python or other animal print? Polka dots or stripes? Seashell or macramé jewelry? Metallics or linen? Pick one and show us how you’re staying current and chic!
- #26 – Is it time for new workout clothes? Check out the clothes you’ve been exercising in. Are they still in good condition and motivating you to put in the time? If not, now is a great time to invest in a few new things that could spur you on to fitness success.
- #27 – Today is National Sunglasses Day. Yep. It really is. Did you know that chic sunglasses can really elevate your look? And most of us wear our sunglasses a lot! So it’s worth investing in some that at least LOOK expensive and classy. Of course, choose sunglasses that truly protect your eyes, too. But make sure your sunglasses are elevating your look and not bringing it down. Let us see those peepers on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtags #nationalsunglassesday and #DressedforMyDayChallenge. is a great time to invest in a few new things that could spur you on to fitness success.
- #28 – This is the last Friday of our Challenge. Let’s aim for a business casual look today, regardless of where or if you work. Join us in putting together a look that is polished but still casual, professional but a little laid back. Let me see what you got!
- #29 – Happy Saturday! Just because you’re not going anywhere you don’t have to bum out today. Dress for the ones you love today. Put on some makeup, tidy your hair, get a fresh manicure and/or pedicure and spray on a pretty scent. But also put together an outfit that surprises those you’re spending time with. Your goal? For someone to say to you, “Where are you going?” Your answer? “I’m just spending time with you!”
- #30 – Today is National OOTD (Outfit of the Day) Day. Yep. It really is. So this one’s on you. Show us what you wore to church or brunch or Sunday dinner with the family. But also share with us what you learned from this month’s challenge and why you wore what you did.
Don’t Miss a Post:
If you like what you’re seeing here at Dressed for My Day, I invite you to subscribe to my email list. You can receive an email each time I post (about 6 times weekly) or just on Saturdays. You choose! But you’ll also receive the password to open up all the subscriber freebies I offer.
Blessed for My Day
We can hope today because of the person and work of Jesus Christ. He has completed His work on earth triumphantly and obediently, and He has sat down at the right hand of the Father. There He continuously intercedes for us, claiming us as His own. And one day, He will return for us.
If you are growing weary and losing hope, I pray that today your hope would be restored, renewed. Press on, dear gal. He’s got this. He’s got you. And He is on His throne.
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. ~ Hebrews 1:3
Thanks so much for spending some time here today. Make it a good one!