If you’ve hung around Dressed for My Day long, you know I love to hit the trails. And living here in southern Arizona, I get to do that often. But I’m not ashamed to tell you that I also like to look cute on the trail. That’s just how I hike, y’all! So today I’m thrilled to share with you hiking clothes from Title Nine. Plus I have a gift guide full of great presents from this new-to-me store, curated with the outdoorsy gal in mind.
I reached out to Title Nine a couple of months ago and expressed interest in their active wear. We don’t have a brick & mortar Title Nine here, so I’d never had the opportunity to try them out. They were gracious enough to send me this hiking ensemble to try out.
I was drawn to Title Nine for several reasons. First, I just like the look of their clothing. It’s colorful, pretty and fashionable. But I could also tell that it’s made for the woman who’s not thinking about her clothes while she’s doing her thing on the trail or cliff or waves. It’s made for the woman who wants to put on something pretty and then go do something tough.
Title Nine dresses the woman who’s glad she’s a woman, but she also doesn’t see that gender classification as a threat or a handicap. When I first looked through Title Nine’s online store, I saw colorful swimsuits that are both functional and fun. I saw running clothes and hiking gear that are equally durable and darling. And I saw travel clothes for the woman who’s not afraid to climb into a Winnebago or hike into a hostel wearing a skirt or dress. So I like the clothes.
I also like that Title Nine is a company owned and run by women for women. Yes, they employee men, but the founder is a woman and the team is largely female. They embrace and promote girls and women being and becoming all they were created to be.
In fact, the name Title Nine is a deliberate nod to the civil rights law of 1972 that requires gender equality in all aspects of publicly-funded education. Because of that landmark law many of us gals were able to dribble a basketball, swim the backstroke, swing a tennis racket, launch a golf ball or run hurdles on our middle school or high school teams. And even though most of us didn’t go on to be Olympic or professional athletes, we developed into strong women who are more confident, determined and capable because of those experiences.
Really, I’m no feminist. But I do believe in encouraging young girls especially, but also grown women, to push ourselves physically, to build and use our muscles, to play with a competitive edge and to explore nature with gusto. So I like a company that also encourages those things while still letting a woman…be a woman.
I’m wearing the Indestructible Hiking Pants in stone, size 10. I generally size up in hiking pants, so these, which are by Kühl, run true to size for hiking pants. However, they do have quite a bit of stretch, so if you want a snugger fit, stick with your usual pant size. My Spotless Tunic Top is in blue coral and it’s a medium. You can wear it tucked in or out, but it is pretty long, as you can see in the next photo.
Finally, I have the Will Power Vest in blue jade and it’s a medium. It features an offset front zipper and 360° reflectivity, so it’s a great core protector for your morning or evening run. Made to fit close to your body but with plenty of give, this vest runs true to size. The Will Power Vest is marked down for today’s Cyber Monday sale.
I really like these clothes for hiking, and you can bet I’ll be wearing them this winter. Everything I’m wearing is durable, moisture wicking and stretchy. I requested these pieces with our mild Arizona winters in mind, but you can find more insulating selections at Title Nine, too. In fact, they carry fashionable and sturdy clothing great for hiking, snow skiing, repelling, biking, running, surfing, swimming, you name it!
Let’s see what they have in the way of gifts for the outdoorsy woman in your life. Which, of course, may be you!!
Title Nine Christmas Gift Options
I found so many great gift ideas at Title Nine, especially for the woman who runs, hikes, camps, cycles, backpacks or skis. If you have an outdoor enthusiast on your list, you’ll find some really nice options here. I’m showing you some of my favorites, but be sure to check out Title Nine’s Cyber Monday deals, too.
- Listed as Rhonda’s Dress, this colorful sweater dress is a good example of what I mean when I say Title Nine lets a woman be a woman…even while she’s out conquering the world.
- The Indestructible Duffel doubles as a backpack, making it the perfect travel bag for the woman on a mission.
- The Lightning Reflective Training Jacket is low-key during the day, but at night when headlights hit it, this jacket totally lights up. Perfect for the night runner.
- Also, to keep the nighttime athlete safe, this Magnet Run Light clips onto your apparel or equipment to keep you safe in the glare of headlights. You might want two or three of these.
- While we’re on lights, check out this Forehead Flood Headlamp for your gal who likes to camp or back pack. Trust me, she knows what to do with it.
- She’ll also love this three-pack of inflatable solar lanterns to brighten her camp. But they’re light enough to pack in without adding weight to her pack.
- Yeah, this really is the creme de la creme of sports watches. But if you’re wanting to splurge on the athlete in your life, do it with this Endorphin Slayer by Garmin.
- If she’s prepping for a snow skiing trip, this Bank Baselayer Long Sleeve top will keep her warm without making her sweat.
- This Manta Scarf will keep her warm and colorfully stylish.
- The Jag Insulated Puffer Vest helps you stay warm without the extra mass or weight. Light for packing, too.
- The Power Stove campstove is pretty amazing. It’s just under 2 pounds (that’s important) and it can cook your meal, boil your water and charge your phone. No joke.
- The Haulin’ Mass Tote is perfect for hauling in the groceries or loading up for the camping trip.
- This Mini Hip Pack is perfect for a day hike when you just need to carry your lip balm, cell phone, bandanna and i.d. because, of course, your husband has got the water!
- For the gal who hikes, backpacks or camps in really cold weather, this Bellamy Fleece Pullover is an essential.
- The Cinch Headband is a stylish, but warm way to cover your ears for any outdoor sport or outing.
- The Dash Glove is a lightweight running glove or a soothing glove liner for your sturdier ski gloves.
- I love my Swell Water Bottle, and I bet you or your active gal will love this one, too.
- The Couch-to-Crush-It Watch is a GPS enabled Garmin that tracks daily steps, calories, distance and more. And it’s only $100.
- The Bhaktapur Hat is made of pure lamb’s wool with a fleece lining.
- This Can’t Miss Long Jane set is the perfect baselayer for snow sports, but also can be worn as pajamas.
- The Alchemy Jacket is said to stretch with you, repel water and never leak down fibers. This is a sturdy and bright jacket.
- The Hegar Boot runs a little small, so size up. But they’re waterproof, tough and comfortable, according to reviews.
- More lights for the gal who gets her workout in during the darker hours, check out these Ride Out Loud Lights.
- This one’s not a sweater dress, but a jersey dress. And this Dream 3/4 Sleeve Dress is marked down 30%. A great buy for the travelling woman who wants a dress in her suitcase.
- And this delicate Single Track Necklace in Turquoise would look beautiful with it.
- Finally, this Kamala Sweater Dress would look great with tights or leggings and boots.
Whether you’re interested in hiking clothes or something warmer for a snow skiing adventure, I hope you’ll check out Title Nine. You’ll find all their Cyber Monday Deals here. And let me know what you think. Of course, I’ve included affiliate links in this post, so if you shop through them and buy anything, I’ll potentially earn a commission. Thank you for supporting what I do here by shopping my links. I am grateful.
*I received merchandise complimentary of Title Nine for this post. However, I only share my honest opinions of the clothing and products I review here on Dressed for My Day. I value my readers too much to do otherwise. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Dressed for My Day.*
Cyber Monday Alert
Today is Cyber Monday. This is the day in the Christmas shopping calendar when online retailers generally lower prices, offer deals and frequently provide free shipping without a minimum. In many cases, these deals will top what was available on Black Friday. This is a great day to wrap up your Christmas shopping!
I’ve updated my Cyber Week Women’s Fashion Shopping Guide and I’ll keep updating it throughout the day and even later in the week, if needed. So check out all the great deals on my shopping guide.
And you’ll find all over my other Christmas 2018 Gift Guides here.
Blessed for My Day
Do you ever do just enough to get by? Or are you ever tempted to fudge a little here or there? I’ll confess, sometimes when I’m cleaning I don’t get into the corners, and sometimes when I make the bed I leave the sheets wadded and rumpled. No big deal. Right? Yeah, really I guess that is no big deal. But there are other areas in life where I sometimes cut corners, too. I’ll not confess all those here, but my bet is you’ve got areas where you leave the job half done, too. Am I right? Here’s the thing, doing a half-baked job doesn’t doom us to hell. Let’s be clear on that. God is not judging our performance. Instead, He loves us graciously and without reserve. But our lackadaisical approach to the tasks of life does speak volumes to other people. When we do things halfway we declare to the world that we can’t be trusted, they we “cheat” if we can get by with it and that we don’t take important things seriously. So the Scriptures encourage us to do everything we do…well. That’s all. Just do it well. Not perfectly, mind you. Just well, conscientiously, with honor and integrity. So today, let’s do everything we do…well…and to the glory of God.
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. ~ Colossians 3:17