Updated Sunday, December 1, 2019
Hi gals! And happy, happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a lovely day whether you’re celebrating with family and friends or doing something quieter. I want you to know that I am so very thankful for you!!!
Please take ample time to reflect on your own blessings and to be completely present with those you love. But when you’ve had your fill of turkey and pie and everyone has pulled aside to do their own thing, I hope you’ll spend some quality time here at my Black Friday & Cyber Monday Shopping Headquarters. In fact, I hope you’ll stop in here each time you begin any shopping through next Monday.
First off, let me just tell you that the sales are big, BIG, BIG this year! I don’t know if it’s because of the shortened window for shopping between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the upswing in the economy or what, but stores are cutting prices deeper and sooner than I can remember. So this weekend, beginning right now, is truly a great time to shop for Christmas, upcoming birthdays and your own needs.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Shopping Tips
Let’s start with a few tips for shopping Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales:
- Shop from your desktop or lap top computer, if at all possible. The websites are generally friendlier to the large screen, and you’ll be able to navigate between sites easier, keeping multiple tabs open for comparison shopping.
- Shop online if possible, rather than in the stores. It’s easier, friendlier and, more importantly, sometimes cheaper. Yep, stores consistently have online only deals. Take advantage of these!
- Start with a list of people you’re shopping for and a budget for each person. I don’t necessarily suggest starting with a shopping list for items, unless you know someone has requested or is hoping for a certain item. Why? Because there’s so much great inspiration to be found while you shop. In fact, I hope you’ll check out my own Gift Guides as you shop, too.
- Look for free shipping and free returns. Most online stores are offering free shipping, at least at a minimum spend point. But look for a good deal on return shipping, too. I’m pointing out SHIPPING deals, too, in this guide!!!
- Don’t hesitate! When you find the perfect gift for someone on your list, I suggest you snap it up. Of course, check for return policies. But the best items will be flying off the shelves at these prices. So if the return policy is generous, I suggest over-buying and then returning anything you end up not needing.
- In fact, don’t wait for Cyber Monday. In the recent past, Cyber Monday sales have not gone as deep as in the beginning of this new-ish sale day. And this year, prices are already so discounted that I doubt many stores will deepen the cuts significantly on Monday. Plus, inventory will decidedly shrink as more and more people are shopping online earlier.
Because Dressed for My Day is a style blog, I’m staying in my lane and mostly advising you on clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, etc. I may occasionally advise you of other good deals, especially those listed in my gift guides.
I’ll be updating this page every day through Monday, December 2. So stay tuned and check back in frequently!! Updates will be in red.
REI // They opted out of Black Friday again to get outside, but GREAT SALES are up now!
You can also get 25% off one items at REI Outlet with code CYBERDEAL19. AND… check out these deals:
- Save $800 on any remaining 2020 departure of the Ireland Hiking excursion when you book November 30- December 8, 2019. For more info, go to Ireland Hiking – The Wild Atlantic Way.
- Save 20% on any remaining North American Cycling Tour (USA & Canada) 2020 departure when you book November 30- December 8, 2019. For trip details, and offer terms and conditions, go to North American Cycling Trips.
Lands’ End // Get 50% off your order, PLUS FREE SHIPPING, no minimum. Use code STUFFING.
Nordstrom // Cutting prices up to 50% AND offering amazing spending incentives!
Nordstrom is giving you promotional gift cards for different spending thresholds: get $25 gift card for spending $125, $50 card for spending $250, $100 for spending $400. The gift cards issued are based on the cumulative amount you spend during this Cyber week sale. You will receive the promotional gift card by January 17 and it will expire March 15, 2020.
I’ve found amazing deals! This is a great time to buy clothing, a high quality handbag, or shoes. Of course, you’ll find savings for the rest of the family, too. Start shopping the Cyber Week Sale here.
Here are a few of my favorite items in the sale. You’ll recognize many of these from my blog posts.
Talbots // Cyber Monday has begun. Save 40% on your entire order (with some exclusions), but get 50% off your one highest priced full price item. Plus FREE SHIPPING, no minimum.
Here are a few of my current favorites at Talbots. Remember, the prices do not reflect the 40-50% discount.
Amazon // New deals go live daily until Sunday, 12/1. Then we’ll have to wait and see what happens for Cyber Monday.
Ann Taylor // Get 50% Off Everything with code: CYBER. Valid 12/1 – 12/2. Plus FREE SHIPPING, no minimum.
Below are a few of my current favorites: (Prices don’t reflect the discount)
Ulta // Cyber Monday Sale begins Sunday evening at 7 p.m. CT with up to 50% great finds.
Plus FREE SHIPPING on order $35+. PLUS get $10 off any qualifying $50 online purchase with code CYBERMON19. AND $20 eReward card with every purchase of gift cards or eReward cards of $100.
Bloomingdales // Cyber Space Sunday – NOW through December 3
Take 25% off qualifying regular price and sale items. PLUS take an extra 50% off sale items labeled Extra 50% Off. FREE SHIPPING. PLUS take 15% off most all beauty purchases of $100 or more.
Here are a few of my favorite finds at Bloomingdales:
Fossil // 50% off select styles + 30% off your purchase with code INTHEBAG
I’ve got items from Fossil on all of my gift guides I do believe. And I’m snagging this leather messenger bag for James. But remember, Fossil has a wide selection of handbags and watches for him and for her. And they have other contemporary accessories (such as sunglasses) as well.
Tory Burch // 30% off purchases – NO MINIMUM – with code THANKS.
Tory Burch also offers FREE SHIPPING & FREE RETURNS. But if you’d prefer to order Tory Burch products from Nordstrom and get the bonus cards with your purchase, they are pricematching there. However, Nordstrom doesn’t carry everything TB and they may not have as many colors or sizes in stock. It’s a great time to get a TB bag or shoes.
Kendra Scott // Having their biggest sale of the year with markdowns up to 60% PLUS 25% off your purchase or 30% off your order of $300 or more.
Kendra Scott is also offering free shipping and free returns, so this is one of those instances where you definitely need to snag up what you want and then keep shopping. If you find things elsewhere at a better price or that you’d prefer, you can return these.
Here are some of my favorites from Kendra Scott currently:
LOFT // Cyber Monday has begun. 50% off your purchase with code CYBER. PLUS Free Shipping, no minimum.
Here’s what I’m liking at Loft. But be sure to check out the full offering for yourself!
Levi’s // Celebrating Indigo Friday! Get 40% off everything PLUS Free Shipping & Free Returns with code INDIGO. Ends Sunday.
This is a rare discount. And it includes all the staple jeans fits and the trucker jackets. Here are a few of my favorites or items I’m considering trying. The prices do not reflect the 40% off discount.
J.Jill // Get 40% off your entire purchase with code 40JOY + get FREE SHIPPING on all orders.
PLUS J.Jill credit cardholders still get an extra 5% off. This sale ends Sunday. We’ll see what happens then.
Chico’s // Cyber Monday starts now – Online only. 50% off your order PLUS Free Shipping, no minimum.
Members with full passport status receive an additional 5% off. Chico’s has some beautiful things to choose from right now.
Banana Republic // NO EXCLUSIONS – 50% OFF Regular Price
PLUS if you use your GAP Inc. credit card (Old Navy, Gap, Athleta or BR) you still get your additional 10% off. Use code BRCARD for the extra 10% off with your card. FREE SHIPPING with code BRSHIP
Old Navy // 50% off everything Sunday and Monday.
GAP // 50% off everything with code GAPCYBER through Monday, December 2.
PLUS an extra 10% off with code GOBIG. Also, FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS with code SENDIT.
Athleta // Get 20% off your order through Monday.
J.Crew // Cyber Monday deals: 50% off YOUR purchase. Use code MONDAY.
Also, J.Crew Rewards members always get FREE SHIPPING.
Madewell // 30% off most everything sitewide + AN EXTRA 10% OFF.
Plus, registered teachers receive 15% off. If you’re an educator and not registered with them, I suggest taking care of that. Madewell always offers teachers 15% off. Also, sign up to be a Madewell Insider and ALWAYS receive Free Shipping and Free Returns.
J.Crew Outlet // 60% off everything (some exclusions apply). Plus extra 50% off markdowns.
Use code YAYDETAILS. $5 FLAT rate shipping or Free Shipping on orders $99+.
Kate Spade // 50% off everything with code CYBERFUNDAY.
Kate Spade’s sale ends December 3rd at 11:59 pm. They offer FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS.
Macy’s // Doorbusters and superbuys. But on all other merchandise get 20% off with code CYBER.
- 60% OFF on over 500 WOMEN’S COATS.
- 70% OFF over 5000 pieces of FINE JEWELRY.
- 40% OFF over 1600 WOMEN’S BOOT & BOOTIES.
- CASHMERE starting at $39.
Macy’s will give you FREE SHIPPING on orders $25+.
Pier 1 // Get 30% off your entire order and FREE SHIPPING with code CYBERMONDAY. This sale is online only.
- includes All Christmas items.
- includes pillows and cushions.
- includes dining and entertainment.
- includes decorations & furniture.
Shutterfly // Up to 50% off everything + 25% more with code TWENTYFIVE. Sale ends Tuesday. Could it get better???
Sephora // Up to 50% off sitewide.
Bed, Bath & Beyond // They have special Cyber Monday deals.
Receive $100 in My Funds Rewards when you spend $300 online. PLUS receive Free Shipping on orders over $19.
Walmart // has thousands of Black Friday specials.
Wayfair // 1000s of Online Only deals.
Target // They have Cyber Monday Deals up now.
Don’t forget, you can shop through the Target website and then pick up your order at your local store. That way you avoid the crowds but you also avoid shipping costs.
Vera Bradley // 50% off sale styles + 30% off full price purchases.
Vera Bradley is having Cyber Flash Sales where items will only be marked down for a few hours each.
Michael Kors // up to 70% off + FREE SHIPPING.
White House/Black Market // Save 40% off your purchase + free shipping with code 36115.
Boden // 30% off, plus FREE SHIPPING and RETURNS over $49 with code H7N3. Valid through 12/3. PLUS 40% off selected items here.
Kohl’s // Take an extra 20% off with code GOSHOP20, plus $10 off a $50+ purchase of home items with code SUNDAY.
Blessed for My Day
May we be women characterized by gratitude. Let’s not only give thanks this day for all of our blessings, but let’s count our blessings and name them one by one each and every day. May we be women who express our gratitude to others, too, frequently, lavishly and genuinely.
And as we move from this holiday to the next, may we remember to be most grateful for the gift of Jesus, God with us. So even when our thanksgiving list feels short, may our appreciation for life be full and rich because of the price Christ paid for our eternity.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. ~ Colossians 3:16