Happy Saturday, gals! Because we’re fast approaching Thanksgiving a lot of stores are hosting pre-black Friday sales. So today I’ll be sharing those sales with you, but I also have How I Really Dressed for My Day looks to share. Finally, I’ve got my Christmas Gift Guide for Women up. Yay!
So let’s get started.
How I Really Dressed for My Day this week
Last Wednesday I traveled to Georgia from Arizona, and I chose to wear this outfit. I wanted to be comfortable, but I also didn’t want to wear my sneakers. This worked perfectly because I was traveling from a warm climate to a cooler, but not cold, climate. I was perfectly comfortable on the plane, but I also felt smart and dressed, not slouchy.
Church & Lunch on Sunday
This is an old picture, but it’s exactly what I wore to church and lunch last Sunday. I’ll be wearing this suit (really it’s a jacket and black pants) again tomorrow, but with a different top. Remember, I’m living out of a suitcase!
Lunch & Shopping with a Friend
It was rainy and cold the day my friend and I had scheduled for lunch and shopping, so I needed to wear my sneakers. (Remember, I didn’t pack everything I own! I had to make do.) So I spiffed up a little with my camo pants and layered sweaters.
Shopping & Lunch with My Daughter
It was also cold and raining the day my daughter Abigail and I went to lunch and Lenox Square Mall. This felt warm, comfortable and perfectly appropriate for this upscale mall…where I didn’t buy anything!
Visiting with Family
When my brother, his wife and two granddaughters came over a sweet visit, I wore this simple cords and sweater outfit. Y’all, it has been so cold here!
Out to Dinner with Girlfriends from High School
I had such a good time catching up with five of my friends from high school. These women are so accomplished and beautiful. And it felt like we didn’t skip a beat! So easy to talk and laugh! It was a cold, cold evening, so we were all bundled up.
Out to Lunch with Mom
I know it seems like I wore a lot of the same pieces for the past 10 days or so. And I did! That’s kinda how I roll when I travel. I try to pack as few items as possible that all mix and match. This is the combo I wore to have breakfast with one of my girlfriends and then later to lunch with my mom. Yeah, I just ate all day long!
So that’s how I really dressed for my day while I’ve been in Georgia. Let me know if you have any questions about sizes and such.
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Women
This is the gift guide full of great ideas for all the women in your life, but mainly for women around our age. These are for your contemporaries. Later I’ll also have a gift guide for young women and senior adults (which I know some of you may be *wink*). I also have in the works gift guides for men, including special guides for older and younger men. And I’ll have a guide for shopping for couples or families.
These gift guides will come out one every few days for the next couple of weeks. But they all be located on a special gift guide page, accessible from the menu at the top of my website.
I hope you’ll use my gift guides to shop through. And you can share them with friends on Facebook and keep them handy on Pinterest.
Without further ado, here’s my 2018 Christmas Gift Guide for Women. I’m so excited about the selections in it!!
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Women – Your Friends, Co-Workers, Sisters, etc.
These are the gifts the women on your list will love. Plus, you can share this list with your husband or kids, too, so that they’ll have ideas for your gifts.
I’ve selected items from all price points, so you’ll find big ticket items, but also moderate priced gifts and stocking stuffers. This list will continue to grow throughout the Christmas season, so check back frequently.
Part 1 – Christmas Gift Guide for Women – gifts 1-15
1. Fitness Bottle with Cell Phone Sleeve for the woman who likes to stay hydrated and connected.
2. Handbag Organizer for the woman who likes to carry a different purse every day. With this organizer she can easily switch handbags and go.
3. A stylish Round Clarity Handbag or Rectangular Clarity Handbag for the gal who often attends sporting events at a university or professional arena. These are NFL, NCAA and NBA approved.
4. Zip-up Travel Jewelry Case in Buffalo check for the woman who travels.
5. Faux-Fur Ear Muffs for the woman who wants to stay warm with style.
6. Reindeer Fair Isle Gloves for the woman weathering winter in style.
7. 3-Pack Winter Fun Trouser Socks.
8. If she’s trying to stay fit she’ll love the new Fossil Sport Smartwatch, available in so many nice colors.
9. A beautiful piece or more of Glass Cloche Jewelry Storage for the dresser.
10. N by Natori Soho Brushed Wrap Robe for the woman every woman. I have had this robe for several years now, and I adore it. There are more expensive, plusher robes out there. But this one feels so good on. It’s a perfect weight and oh so comfortable.
11. Packing Cubes for the organized traveler wannabe.
12. My mother recently bought me this silk pillowcase, and I’m wondering how I slept without it before. Easy on your hair and skin.
13. My son and future daughter-in-law love their L.L. Bean Wicked Good Slippers and highly recommend them. They gave them to each other for Christmas last year.
14. According to the reviews, if you’re looking for a robotic vacuum, the iRobot Roomba 980 is the best. But if you’d like to try out a less expensive model, you might go with the eufy Boost IQ Robo Vac 11S (Slim), which is supposed to give you the best bang for your buck. Remember, you can share this gift guide with your hubby, too! (*wink*)
15. What gal who lives in a rainy climate doesn’t want a pair of Hunter Original Rain Boots?
But there’s more!!!… Gifts 16-30
16. My dear friend Michelle recently told me that my gift is in the mail. I’m beside myself because she got me this cookbook: Love Welcome Serve: Recipes that Gather and Give by a fellow pastor’s wife, Amy Hannon. Y’all! I follow this gal on Instagram and I can taste her food through her Instastories!
17. Personally I’m pining for this Eight Inch Sensor Mirror with Brightness Control.
18. This striped chenille sweater would make a perfect gift for my sister…if I had one!
19. This MAC Mini Nude Lipstick Kit provides so many pretty options for a gal pal.
20. A lot of women love to wear the CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan by Barefoot Dreams instead of a robe over pajamas or lounge pants. These sweaters are amazingly soft and enviable.
21. I’m hoping for a Zip Top Transport Leather Tote from Madewell. It’s a versatile size, perfect as a handbag or a work satchel. There’s also a slightly less expensive version without the zipper, and it comes in a pretty dark cocoa color.
22. You just can’t go wrong gifting a Vera Bradley All In One RFID Crossbody, available in their iconic prints or rich solids.
23, I don’t think the Kitchenaid Aritsan 5 Qt. Stand Mixer will ever go out of vogue. And there are so many pretty colors to choose from!
24. A pair of Cool Nights Soma Intimates Pajamas are always a good idea.
25. For the woman on the go, this Vera Bradley Travel Organizer can hold cosmetics, grooming products or jewelry. The options are endless!
26. Your dear friend will think of you each Christmas as she pins this Poinsettia Brooch to her clothing.
27. These Leather Travel Accessories are the kind of thing I’d never buy for myself, but I’d love it if someone gave them to me. Aren’t those the best gifts?
28. An Antique Silver Jewelry Box is such a romantic and elegant way to store your jewelry.
29. These Lilla Rose hair accessories are available in a wide range of styles, and they fit so beautifully in your hair. This is a sweet gift for the woman who likes to style her hair in various ways.
30. Won’t she be delighted when she opens this Michael Kors Ginny Metallic Crossbody Bag?
***Watch for this list to grow!!***
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Your Main Man – great gifts for the man in your life recommended by the main man in my life
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Young Women – great gifts for the young women in your life recommended by the young women in my life
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Young Men – great gifts for the young men in your life recommended by the young man in my life
Christmas 2018 Gift Guide for Couples and Families – great gifts for the couples and families in your life
5 thoughts on “How I Really Dressed for My Day + Christmas Gift Guide for Women”
This may be the year Santa brings me those purse organizers! I love purses but never take time to change them out, so I end up carrying the same one all the time.
I hear you, Carol! I’ve got my eye on those, too! 🙂
Hi, Kay! I don’t comment much but REALLY had to come back to tell you about an earlier post, though today’s was grand. It’s about our clothing selections and how we present ourselves to the world AND about making selections that make sense according to the real life that we live, and not shopping for the Audrey Hepburn in all of us….but boy howdee, wouldn’t that be grand? I am a full time caregiver to my Dad but in another life was an executive professional AND a slave to fashion. Those don’t come together very well…and that’s why I so appreciate that particular post, though I thoroughly enjoy everything you offer…truly. That said, what I appreciate most is how very real and genuine you are….such a validating comfort to those of us out here who end up feeling like chumps a lot of the time. So please know how far your words and your ministry reach because it’s so very important that YOU get that same validation. God bless you and yours; hope you’re well and enjoying this weekend.
Oh wow! You have no idea how much I needed that! Thanks so very much for obeying whatever it was that prompted you to share this sweet, affirming comment. I, too, feel like a chump so often. Just this week I’ve told my dear old high school friends how I so often feel like a fraud. (For instance, I’m sitting here in my sweats and no make up typing this today. Ha!) So thank you for reading, but mostly thank you for commenting this way today. Blessings!
Oops… Was trying to reply and gong too fast (for once ?) and from my phone. But what I really want to say is very simple, Kay. Your words really DO reach out, so don’t stop using your gifts. Please know how much you’re appreciated, cause you truly are! Thank you for all you do…and I say that in case you ever feel unnoticed or unappreciated, for you are not. You are an example for all of us…and a testament to putting God’s gifts to good use. Thank you.